• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

eagle creek? {savage mn}

kruger

What is it with this little thing? I have been down there twice to look around {see if I want to fish it} and I have yet to see one single fish? Has anyone ever fished it and is it worth really fishing in the next few days?

Thanks, Kruger

Yep, I went out and fished it yesterday and not a thing, I saw 3 smalll fish all day {5 hrs} of fishing. I walked the whole stream and the fish I did see were in undercuts and very tight liped. The structure in the the stream is very minimal for the fish, which is not good. I fished with all flies and , tried several differnt pattrens but nothing.I guess I dont need to go back again! Ace what did you use to get those very few fish in the past? just curious?

Thanks, Kruger

Kitty,

It's the small stream that runs by the car wash next to the tin shed. It's not much of a stream. Like I said, I fished it once and probably won't bother again. You can jump across it for the most part.

they are very very timid. I fished it 2 years ago and saw 2 or 3 fish. The only reason i saw them was due to me spooking them. I did see one rising close to the mouth near a root ball but he was quickly out of there the minute he saw my line hit the water 10 feet upstream from it. havent been back since. i might would give it a try again if i lived right beside it but its not worth driving too, if you ask me.

There is only a very small part of the river that is fishable. There are several boiling springs that bring up water from hundreds of feet below. The water has zero oxygen in it. At best it's marginal water. It flows through my back yard I've had a few talks with the DNR as they remove buck torn. It's not worth much time fishing, it is a unique area.