• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Headlamp question

Question

The Princeton Tec Aurora LED Headlamp- does it have a focussed enough beam of light to satisfy my needs or is it a more diffuse
beam of light so as to not spook fish, etc?
I'd like a headlamp that shoots a relatively focussed beam of light- will this one make me happy?
Scoot

11 answers to this question

Bright light? I buy the brightest LED's made and I'm sure they are the same suppler Princeton and Petzal uses. There nice but if your looking for Bright White light, LED's cant give you that. Think of a flashlight in the fog and thats what you get with an LED. So ya there good and are easy on batteries but still not as bright as a krypton bulb. I buy LED's separately and the uses are endless.

Eh..Surface Tension

I have been kicking around the idea of rigging up some LED lights on my Vex, I like the low amp draw deal.

Have you tried this and where do you get the components. Can you get the goody's at Radio Shack?

Thanks,
Ed

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Surface Tension,
I disagree with your flashlight in the fog statement. The Princeton Tec Auroras are much brighter than that.

These babies are bright and white.

Ok Rick since I have a ton of faith in your word and will always purchase stuff from this forum when its available.

Hey this sounds like an oath. smile.gif
Ya know I was gonna buy that darn rod pack from ya. But Crikey dude smile.gif I got a wife ya know and if she see's all this new stuff commin in da mail well ya know whats gonna happen ta me dontsa. Oh Geesh just put a Como sticker on it wouldya. I need soma dem bumpa Stickers too. Big ones to cover up da rust on da bumper.

Sheesh, you guys have so much of this code sh** going on I think I need an FM/English translation dictionary. Guess I'll catch on sooner or later. grin.gif Probably later, my buddies would say. Dontcha hate it when your buddies have you figured out?

Sheesh, you guys have so much of this code sh** going on I think I need an FM/English translation dictionary. Guess I'll catch on sooner or later. grin.gif Probably later, my buddies would say. Dontcha hate it when your buddies have you figured out?

The Princeton Tec Aurora LED Headlamp- does it have a focussed enough beam of light to satisfy my needs or is it a more diffuse
beam of light so as to not spook fish, etc?
I'd like a headlamp that shoots a relatively focussed beam of light- will this one make me happy?
Scoot