Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slurpie

Camping ???

13 posts in this topic

Looking at going camping this summer up north somewhere got a few ???. Are little pets allowed got a [PoorWordUsage]zu maltese dog that i would like to bring with. Would like to stay at one on a lake, size of the lake dont matter. Any suggestions? Would only be a weekend thing and later in the summer July - August sometime. And ill be ruffing it in a tent.

I think most State Forest, or State Park camp grounds allow dogs, but the rules need to be followed such as keeping them on a leash and also controlling barking. They can not be left unattended either.

There are a lot of places up here to go camping. We take our dog everywhere we go camping. But as posted earlier most campsites have rules.

Few places we have stayed at around here are Echo Lake Buyck area, Wake Em Up Bay on Lake Vermillion, Hoo Doo point Lake Vermillion, Nine Mile lake campground, Harriet Lake campground.

Private campgrounds like to charge extra for pets.

State parks have leash rules. Same rules apply to state forest campgrounds but there's generally no one around to enforce any rules.

If your dog isn't a barker, most people won't care if you have one or not.

Quote:

If your dog isn't a barker, most people won't care if you have one or not.

Reminds me of a time we were camping at Echo Lake and sitting around the campfire and the dog(a very friendly and social Siberian Husky) was laying just off to the side of us. As she is very good when we are camping we weren't paying a whole of attention to what she was doing. All of a sudden we hear our neighbor say "where did you come from" in a pretty much friendly greeting to the dog. She had snuck off and went visiting. He wasn't upset and since she just wanted to go say hi no harm no foul. Just a little embarrassing blush

We were at Shady Oaks in Garden City last Memorial Day weekend. Someone brought their dog along and chained it to the bumper of their RV. It was a barker. Surprised it made it through the weekend. And BTW, I am not just talking about it being out barking all day- it was chained to their bumper 24 hours a day and barked all night.

That is not a dog problem, that is a dog owner problem. I have had 3 dogs and not one has been a barker, more about how you train and treat you dog as to whether they are going to be barkers than the personality of the dog.

The other dog owner problem is when people constantly yell at their dog. Sometimes you wouldn't even know they had a dog if they weren't yelling at it.

Probably the same people you hear yelling at their kids all the time frown

I agree about it being owners problem, but if they had any sense they shoulda boarded it for the weekend. No sense in ruining everyones sleep all weekend. We have a pop-up, and noise barriers are few and far between in them

Quote:
Would only be a weekend thing and later in the summer July - August sometime. And ill be ruffing it in a tent.

Just a one time camping trip this summer? How about just taking a test camping trip first?

Try one night at a State Park near by. Just throw whatever you think you will need for the night in the car and go. Don't forget the basics, and don't make it a big deal. Eat first if you want & just bring snacks.

Bring a note pad and a pen with you to jot down all the things you might want to bring next time, you will need it. Bring the little sitzu and try it out.

After that you will be able to plan your July-August weekend better.

PS...An inflatable air mattress in a tent is one of the best luxuries you can have camping...in my opinion. Plus an electric pump for it...

"PS...An inflatable air mattress in a tent is one of the best luxuries you can have camping...in my opinion. Plus an electric pump for it..."

Agreed,,,,until your 100 pound golden retriever jumps into bed with you and his nails pop the beg,,,,,,,dumb dog!

smirk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   When someone gets to the personal aspect, whether it's me or someone else, I will challenge them and if they can justify what they have said about an individual --OK -- otherwise show me why, and if it is just their opinion say so. I'll accept that if it's their opinion.   There is nothing generic about an insult, an insult is an insult. What do you consider as a douchebag?
    • Not sure why people get so worked up about being called dummies, poopyheads and sons of bees.  Whatever, its generic insults and this is the internet.   But yeah, there's a line somewhere in the there that separates the real douchebags* from the rest of us.  You know it when you see it.   *Sorry if any douchebags felt personally attacked by being called douchebags.
    • I was addressing it to JigSawJimmy Peatmoss  response : That's an opinion, not anything more , so I let it go.
    • Created/Saved all these jobs, cut gajillions off AF1 costs, etc.  Ok, so how did the that work?  Usually these sort of dealings aren't totally one sided.  At least the carrier deal had a bunch of Pence fingerprints on tax incentives Trump took credit for.   I have doubts that King Cheeto just shows up and blows a bunch of smoke up assses and corporate executives are just like, "Yay!"   Is Trump's Twitter bully pulpit that powerful?  He randomly yells at Boeing and they just fold over for him?  I thought we realized Trump on Twitter is only for the LOLs.
    • Well hope the Trump supporters are having fun, seems those days are numbered. Turns out you can't just yell fake news at real news and make it go away. The Feds are closing in, and at best it seems Trump thinks throwing Manafort to the wolves might get them off his tail. Anywho, lots of news today.   The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign   McCain: Congress doesn't have 'credibility' to handle Russia probes    Because this happened - House Intelligence chair discloses classified intel in clumsy effort to validate Trump   Also this earlier in the day -  Former campaign manager Paul Manafort secretly worked for a Russian billionaire with a plan to "greatly benefit the Putin Government."     And in completely unrelated news - remember those Carrier jobs you bragged about Trump saving? Yeah, those jobs are gone. Carrier pocketed the tax breaks then screwed the workers anyway. Great negotiation there. http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/job-cuts-endure-at-indiana-factories-despite-trump-pressure-416511193.html
    •   Who are you addressing this to? I did not make the statement only re-posted it. I also don't find PEATMOSS's comment very humorous as well.   PEATMOSS said: This is still, by far, the funniest thing I have ever read on these threads in a decade.
    •   Anything you post on here from now on has no merit or credibility as far as I'm  concerned.  I wasn't even going to respond to this, but feel what you posted needed to be. If you wish to call my mother a dam, you will, the same as you called another persons mother that. I don't give a rats butt what your political views are, however when you start getting into personal attacks you had better look in a mirror. You don't probably don't know anyone on here personally, yet you attack someone on a personal bases, call there mother a dam and ridicule them because they had a lower portion of a leg amputated due to something they can control, but had no control whether they have the illness and sometime that illness makes you pay a price. BD2 has that illness he can control to a certain extent where he can lead a normal life, however there will be complications and from what I know of him he will accept that. I don't know DB2 personally, I've never met him, I've debated against some thing on this where he and I have had different views, I respect his opinions even though I disagree on many, BUT I SURE AS H--- DON"T ATTACK HIS ANCESTORY OR  ANY TYPE OF DISABILLITY
    • Yea yea all ya auld pharts would  pass out the minute she popped the first button!!
    • Would he get a free hoodie for his efforts?
    • Great to see this in Minnesota. Trout has been on my bucket list and will happen this year. The mix of largies and smalls really works for this show and plays into the guys heads. I was pulling for Hack. He's become one of my favorites. I think these guys are gaining a new appreciation for MN.  Except maybe the Lane Bros.
  • Our Sponsors