• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thank goodness it is over! V.1

fishin58

their defense is getting pretty old, and they ranked 21st in the league last year. They have no WRs other than Hester.

They just got a QB who threw 18 interceptions last year, and who has whined and cried his way out of Denver.

Chicago needed WRs, and to restock their defense and OL. Now they have no draft picks and a egotistical young QB

It was a spendy price, and I am glad the Vikings didnt give that much to get him, but the Bears improved their team a lot, and have a good young QB to build their team around for many years. I think the Bears will win the division, being the only team besides the Lions to do anything in the offseason to improve their team.

How are they going build with no first round picks for 2 years...

I see Cutler as good for atleast 5-10 years, you can pick up needed pieces from FA, and in 2 years they will still have a stud 27 year old QB, with draft picks.

If the Vikes don't adress the Q-back situation soon they may be looking up at the rest of the division in a year or two if not sooner. This division now has two of the best young q-backs in the NFL in Rodgers and Cutler. The Lions have the 1st overall pick this month in the draft. If they pick either Sanchez or Stafford and they work out like a #1 pick should (crapshoot I know)...this division will be very, very strong. A franchise quarterback is who you build your team around and given some time, that's exactly what all three of our divisional opponents will do. I don't buy the Vikings and other teams approach of going with a "system" q-back. I just can't think of one that has led his team to the SuperBowl...ever!! The Vikes better adress this situation in a hurry or we may be in for a rough decade.

I remember the Ravens making the superbowl with a QB named Trent Dilfer. They had a stellar defense, and a qb who did not lose the game for them. Kinda sounds like what the vikes are trying to do. Get a QB who knows how to make the throws in your offense. Lean on your pro bowl running back. Let your defense make some plays. And try not to make many mistakes. Sounds boring, but lets hope it wins some games!

The Ravens winning in that fashion was an anomaly, i.e. not the norm and shouldn't be expected to happen often. If you want to improve your odds then beef up the offense, which the Vikings failed to do this week.

Ravens might have had the best defense the league has ever seen that year. Vikings aren't even close to that type of domination on the defensive side. I would consider Dilfer a warm body who's main purpose was to not turn the ball over. He was a stop-gap measure that the Ravens wanted nothing to do with after the Superbowl year. Much different than planning your offensive future around a "system" q-back.

I do not believe the vikings have planned their offensive future around sage. If that was the case their names would of never came up in the Cutler talks. Dilfer may have been a stop-gap, maybe that is what sage is? As far as the Ravens having the best defense ever seen, that is debatable. I think with a very solid defense(which the vikings do have) and a capable offense(which I hope we have this year), it might turn out better than most expect.

You don't win superbowls with a QB that is sent out there to "not lose games". As said before the 2000 ravens was an anomaly. But this seems to be Chillys philosophy and until that changes the vikings making a superbowl run will not happen. And i don't want to hear any of this "well he hasnt had a QB to work with" stuff. We have been rolling with Chillys guys since he has gotten here so if he doesnt have confidence in them quit bringing them in.

It at least seems that the front office and Chilly are working at finding the right q-back for the Vikes. Whatever that is??? But by them being at least in the mix on the Cutler deal tells me they know they havn't fixed the situation yet. Chilly is saying all the politically correct things but their actions at Winter Park tell another story. I honestly don't know who they might be targeting now other than the draft but I bet Cleveland doesn't go into the Fall with both Quinn and Anderson.