• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flying on delta ?

DRH1175

Question

If you fly on a flight with a conection flight. do you have to be on all the flights? I am traveling to Cinncinatti for Easter and it is cheaper to fly from Chicago to Cincy with a connection in minneapolis than to fly from Minneapolis. Do I have to be on the flight from Chicago to Minneapolis to get on the flight from Minneapolis to Cincy? Does anyong know?

4 answers to this question

If you do not make the originating flight they will cancel the remaining legs. I had this happen one time they said I didnt fly to where I was and because I didn't make the originating flight they canceled the rest. Funny. I sure didn't walk the 800 miles. They screwed up and because they didn't think I made the originating flight the whole itinerary was gone. This was NWA.

I would just call the airline and just ask them directly.

I am sure that if you don't check in for the first leg of the flight from Chicago in Minneapolis and then all of a sudden show up and try to check in for the second leg of the flight there will be problems. I don't think its worth trying.

Perhaps if you call the airline and discuss the situation with them you'll be able to figure out a solution. They may have a way of letting you do this with prior advanced warning. Or they may honor the lower price if you explain to them how the 2 leg flight is cheaper.

How much is the difference in ticekts anyways? You can always catch a cheap flight to Chicago first and get on the first leg of the flight. Ticket will probably run you less then a $100 on Southwest. Its alot of hoop jumping but if you want to save $$$ it might be an option.