• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO...........TEAM 2.......Purrs and Spurs

FrontenacPike

Hey guys this is eric29 checkin in. Ill be hunting 464 B. Ive been turkey hunting for probably 10-12 years in this area. Ive been scouting a few times found some good sign but no birds yet. I also have the big tom crown to defend from last year.

good luck

My grandpa put a tom on the ground this morning at the same farm my fiance & I will be hunting next week. Had 4 come in and left 3 for seed so hopefully there will still be a few around come Monday. What a beautiful morning to be out... gorgeous. I hope Turkey Addict's having an enjoyable hunt.

I just got the call yesterday telling me i got hired for a new job and a drug test monday morning so ill have to miss out on my opening morning hunt but ill be able to make it out late morning.

Opening morning is the only time ive ever shot my bird. If i didnt get them on opening morning i got skunked for the year. Lets hope my luck on this changes for this year.

Good luck everyone.

Back at the office today... we battled enough wind yesterday. Surprisingly, the birds were pretty darn cooperative. Had 4 toms within 25 yds throughout the 1st half of the day but just too much brush in the way for a shot. Had one come in by himself and at 20 yds, a gust buckled the blind in and he was gone... that's the type of day it was. Tomorrow's supposed to be calm, hopefully I can release an arrow. How's the rest of the team doing so far?

Heres my bird and story.

After struggling to get anything to happen in the wind Monday morning i decided to go to the same spot Tuesday even though i only saw 3 birds at a distance all day monday.

After getting all set up Tuesday morning, i sat down in my blind and looked up in a tree about 15 yards from me to notice a lone turkey roasted above. Right at about sunrise i had 3 jakes come in to me for about 20 min. At one point all three were about 5 feet from me as took some pretty cool pics with my cell phone of them. I was surprized they didnt notice me bc my blind doesnt really cover me all to well. Its just a little cheap thing that i bought about 10 yrs ago, that wraps around me and stakes to the ground. That was all the excitement i had for the morning. After about 3 hours of sitting in this spot, i thought to myself, there probably is no turkey as stupid as me at would come out on the north end of the woods with this unbearable wind.

So, packed up and went to another spot. Its on the same creek bottom but one section over and i was able to get on the south side out of the wind. After about 4 hours of sitting and nothing happening, finally i heard a gobble probably about 200 yds away. I knew he was aways away and on the opposite site of the creek, so it was going to be a chore to get him over on my side. Id call, he gobble and gobble and again and again. This went on for well over an hour. He probabley gobbled 50-60 times. I thought that there was going to be 3 or 4 toms coming with as much gobbling that was going on. He followed the creek all the way up to me and then past me probably 200 yds down before i got him to cross. Then finally he made his way out to the plowing and saw my dekes. I was useing two feeding hen decoys. He strutted and spun circles the whole way back towards me. He never got held up at all. I let him get about 30 yds from me and that was it. 24 lbs, 10in beard, 7/8 spurs not the biggest but still a nice bird.

sorry for ramblin on for so long, ill try to get it submitted tomorrow sometime

IMG_04231.jpg

NO luck for me. I didn't even have a tom within 100yds. I had 4 jakes pass by me wed night, but they kept their heads right below the crest of the ridge. I saw them for a split second and then they stayed down. I thought about charging them for a shot cause its been that kind of week.

I had a similar situation to eric this morning, but alas, my bird refused to cross the creek. I was even in line with they're usual creek crossing but he wasn't playing. That tom apparently like being yelled at cause he only came and gobbled when I would cutt and cluck loudly at him. He was interested but not willing to cross. Oh well.

My buddy dan got his first bird on wednesday so that made my hunt. I just wish I could brought one home too. Good luck to everyone else.