Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cooter

State record sauger

10 posts in this topic

No April fools. Caught on P4 on the mighty Miss. 23.25" with a 15" girth. Tipped in at 6.42lbs.

Sauger3.jpg

Sauger2-1.jpg

Note* authorization to post pics received

Are you sure you didn't catch in in the Red River in Fargo it looks like it swallowed a sand bag!!!

P4 has some nice fish. I feel bad for the guy because that record wont last long because I'm heading to P4 soon!! ha

Nice! Thanks Cooter.

Nope, just heard about it through the grapevine. I did catch one only 3" shorter this spring there a week earlier, probably about one fourth the weight though!! Anyone know what the previous record was? Or the MN record if the angler had been from MN?

The old WI record was 6# 4.8oz from the Missisippi River (pierce cty), 3-30-2008, 23.75".

The MN record is 6# 2.75oz from Mississippi River (Goodhue Cty), 5-23-1988, it was 23 7/8 in, with 15" girth.

That is a true PIG. Looks like to many steriods in those waters.

The old WI record was 6# 4.8oz from the Missisippi River (pierce cty), 3-30-2008, 23.75".

The MN record is 6# 2.75oz from Mississippi River (Goodhue Cty), 5-23-1988, it was 23 7/8 in, with 15" girth.

So is it a Minnesota or a Wisconsin record depending on where the fisherman was from since they both came from the Mississippi?

Thats a dandy Saug. I have caught a few that were close to 20" but never even close to that heavy.