• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO #1 ~~Heart breakers and Tom takers~~

PierBridge

Didn't get to feel the "kick" this year. Played games with 2 Toms for 3 days, had my hen decoy adopted by 2 real hens which led to an extensive cluck & purr lesson another day. Toms gobbled to all this but wouldn't come in. Lots of jakes running around. Got soaked Fri. afternoon. Hey, It was FUN!!! Tommorrows Mother's Day--just let me sleep!

Good Luck to teammate in the H season-woods has really greened up.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not had a chance to be on as much as would like. Its great to see that the team is doing really good. I hope I can do as well as the rest of ya. I did get out a couple of times and spotted some good birds. So now I just have to wait and see if any body else gets to them first. That is what you get when hunting state land. Still have hi hopes. Hope to give a great report. Going out tomorrow doing a bit more spotting. Hope to have a few other options for the hunt.

Well here goes. I'm heading up to my brothers place in just a little while. Our previous scouting looked promising. But The last report that I got today was that the birds are hanging in the woods more. They haven't been spotted in the fields. I have too prospective places of land to hunt. One area is a funnel that the birds us for travels from one place to another. We have spotted many big birds here. The other is a much larger parcel that has plenty of fields and large pine tree's. Hopefully one of them will pan out and I can hold up our team. If all goes well I will be posting some picture and a play by play as we all love that. If not, still nice just to be out.

Mike

Friday morning got at the blind 5:00am. Fifteen minutes later the Gobblers started in. One,two,three. It could be a promising day. Hopes crushed at about ll:30 decided to movie and try another location. Spent about an hour calling sitting and hiking. No sound no sign. Headed back to original spot for the rest of the hunt. Witch was going to be over at 4:00pm because of other plans. Got back just in time to have a hen 40 yards from blind. Got out of truck grabbed bow and got in to blind. Twenty minutes later two Jake's two hen's and a big tom was on its way in. As they did they passed two far to one side. Fifty yards. Didn't have a good clear shot at it or might have been tempted to shoot. Saturday and Sunday Couldn't get out. Hoping my luck will change.

Sorry to report that I had no luck for the last week of Mn turkey hunting. Had plenty of birds around but couldn't make a connection with one. Had a great time and learned a lot. Got some great video of some toms making there appearance. And a hen that hung around for quite some time. It was a great week. hope to have better luck next year.