• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team #4 "TOMINATORS"

DonBo

delzz7..............4/13-16 4/22-26 5/10-14

Huntmup M/R.....4/15-20

APA.................5/15-28

eyehead...........4/15-20

DonBo..............5/6-10 5/13-18 5/22-28

Scott Stein.......4/25-29

Here it is. This years winning line-up! grin

Let's hear from everyone.

I'm DonBo (Don) Been turkey hunting since 1979. Hard to believe. I've hunted them in six different states but mostly now just Minnesota and Wisconsin along with So. Dak in the fall.

I've shot a bunch with my bow but I like the "Get Even" factor of my 870 Wingmaster. I will be hunting the metro area in MN (last season) and zone 4 (south of 94) in Wisconsin, May 6-10, and May 13-17.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im Eyehead (Nate). I've only turkey hunted once....which I tagged out on a nice gobbler four years ago. Havent been drawn the last three years so i'm chompin at the bit to get back out in the woods.

Was gonna try and get one with the Mathews but since i havent been drawn in so long i'm gonna go with the Benelli to up my odds grin

Anyway, I'll be hunting a couple miles from New London (Kandiyohi county) on a 100 acre chunk with a pile of birds on it. 417A

Lets get er done boys!!!

Hi guys,

I'm delzz7-Dave This will be my four year hunting turkeys in a row. Turkey hunting has turned into a passion of mine.

This year, I will be hunting 3 states Mn, Iowa, Nebreska. I'm not sure yet, how much I will get to hunt at each one, do to work.

Iowa is the first season April 13-16, last year was my first time hunting there and was successful harvesting one. I hunt in Northern central area on public land. I going down saturday to do some scouting and try get some permission for some private land. I hope the weather starts to improve real soon.

It will be my first time hunting in Nebraska, Me and 2 other guys are going to try the Pine Ridge Area in the northwest corner by Chadron. We are going to be out there April 22-26, having never hunted there before, I don't know what to expect. We been calling the CO & area biologists to gather as much info as possible. We will probably be doing a lot of run & gun style hunting.

My Minnesota season is I believe season F in the 339 area.

I can't wait to get started, Good Luck to everyone

Hey, this is APA

This will be my first year turkey hunting. A friend and I weren't able to draw any tags so we'll be using bows. He's in group 6 so I'll do my best to show him up. We're going to be hunting on my dad's land (200 acres) in zone 213 in douglas county, near Evansville.

Our land is pretty much overrun with turkeys, they are getting annoying. They waltz into the yard, and the dogs have built up tremendous respect for them (I would have liked to see how that happened). Sometimes getting down the driveway can be a near-death experience for several birds. I think there is somewhere around 100 birds that call the place home. It should be interesting. Nice meeting you all.

By the way, "tominators" has my vote.

Hey, APA, welcome to FM! Glad to have you on the team. Sounds like you got a smokin' hot spot.

I saw that your signing up for the contest was your first post. You been a lurker for a while?

Now we're just waiting for Huntumup and Scott Stein.

You other guys like "Team Tominators"?

Sorry guys,I really haven't been on here lately as I've been getting ready to go in the field and with baseball.

I'm Scott Stein and this will 7th year turkey hunting. I have only gotten a jake and that was last year on opening day of Season C in the blizzard! I am thinking about taking my bow out this year just for the fact that every turkey that has been shot out of the same spot has been 20yds or closer. Other than that I am hunting season C and Team Tominators sounds good to me! Good luck to all and I'll be checking back a little more often! Oh ya,I'll be hunting down in the Minnesota River Bottom near Courtland

Scott, welcome. Happy to have ya with us. Sounds like we got a bunch of bowhunters in here, gotta like that. When is your season?

You say baseball, do you play? Or? You see my avatar, my wife and I are big Twins fans. We also see a lot of amateur games around the state.

Just waiting for Huntmup now.

Good luck guys!!!

So I see a couple of you guys are getting close to your first seasons. Delzz in Iowa next Monday. Are you going down this weekend?

Eyehead starts just a couple days later, next Wednesday. Good luck to both you guys! Hope you think about us sitting back here for weeks yet before we get to go.

Don't forget to bring a camera and a ruler for pictures for the contest submission.

Here's the rules again and the Contest Submission Form. Maybe print a copy before you go to keep everything fresh in your mind.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ub...est#Post1780466

I went down last weekend and did some scouting. I was given permission to hunt on two pieces of land, next to some state land. One of the places, I heard a gobble and tryed to get a location on them. I ended up jumping them, probably 8-10 birds. I saw a flock of hens cross the road running towards the land 4 hrs later. The other spot I have seen birds there before, but didn't see them last saturday. Its looking like I will not be able to hunt on monday, do to work. I can't wait to go.

Hello team mates.

My name is Dan and I am a Turkey Addict. This is my 11th year of turkey hunting/killing. My first time out I killed a 24-1/4 lb., 1-3/8" spurs and 4-1/4" beard. That's all it took, the next year I hunted MN, NE. and Iowa.

Now I throw SD. in the mix.

I will be hunt 440-A this year. So the plan is to scout monday, tuesday and set up for wednesday morning. I will also be guiding at the same time. Hope we can both stick one before saturday because I am a mentor for the youth hunt.

Then I guide 157-B, 157-C, 440-E and 440-G. crazyBUT cool

My SD hunt will not work out this year but I am still trying to get in a NE hunt.

Good luck and most of all have fun. gringrin

HUNTMUP

Dan

I hope to hear alot about all of the sticks flying from all of you. I'm definitely going to give it a try. I have kinda been waiting until I don't get drawn in Minnesota to try it. I have been lucky to be drawn the last 4 years.

Delzz, huntmup and eyehead are all out hunting right now. Good luck boys!!!! Hopfully you're enjoying the beautiful weather and you'll all bring home "the" big one!

Not the biggest bird but it's a two year old and it's in the bag. gringrin

20lbs 15oz

7/8" spurs

10" paint brush

Story and pics later, have to prep for guided hunt the next two days and then mentor the youth hunt sat. and sunday. FUN, FUN.

Good luck Delzz and eyehead

Dan

Way to go huntmup!!! Thats a nice bird

Got one this afternoon grin Not huge but i'm more than satisfied with him.

19lbs 1ounce

5/8inch spurs

8inch beard

Pics and story to come also.......gonna be gone for work for the next couple of days. Go get em boys!!!!

Way to go eyehead! Must have been worth the 4 year wait huh? Two for two!

delzz7 should be back from Iowa tomorrow or Friday. Hopefully he'll be as fortunate as you guys and we'll be half full by the end of the first week.

Nice going guys!

Looks like it was a good day for the Tominators.

Congrats to Huntmup & Eyehead

I also shoot a Bird early this morning. Beard 9.5 inches, spurs 3/4 inch, only weighed 17pds 11oz. Unforturnity the big one got away. I had 4 Toms and one jake come in to 20 yards. The only probelm was my gun clicked 3 times when I tryed to shoot, before it went bang. It was operator error. In the morning I was quietly loading the gun and didn't get the action closed all the way. Then it happen 2 more times with the birds 20 yards in front of me. It took me 3 times to figure it out and by that time. The big Tom that I tryed to shoot was 35-40 yards out with another Tom right in front of him, moving farther away. I didn't want to risk it. So, I shoot the next biggest. Maybe next year, me and big tom will meet again. I promise that will not happen again.

I went down on Tuesday, boy was that brutal. I only saw two hens one at 7am and the other at 1:30.