Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IFallsRon

Twins put Baker on DL

14 posts in this topic

FORT MYERS, FLA. — The Twins placed their planned Opening Night starter Scott Baker on the disabled list this morning with right shoulder stiffness.

Francisco Liriano will start Opening Night against Seattle, with Nick Blackburn, Kevin Slowey and Glen Perkins following the next three games.

There is word R.A. Dickey likely will start Friday in Chicago.

Baker threw only 58 pitches on Wednesday in a start against Class AAA Norfolk.

The Twins also placed Joe Mauer and Boof Bonser on the disabled list today. Those were expected moves.

i wish you would put Boof on your fork list, but you may need a spork for him. smile

ouch is right. one thing leads to the next. he was so jacked to start the opener on the news last night.

well this is a great start to the season for the twins

Darn!

Baker has been an injury prone dude the last few years. Love him on the mound, but he has been fragile the last few years.

Mauer, lets hope he comes back in a reasonable amount of time. Meaning the 15 days and then back, lets not let this linger all season. I would rather just hear what is wrong and be prepared to be without these guys than hear what the Twins usually say that rest will take care of it, then it ends up being a 2 month stay.

C'mon lets look at it as it is. Baker on disabled list for 15 days, R.A.Dickey makes the big league roster, as he should and Duesing or however its spelled is saved a roster spot because he is out of options. Couldn't have planned this any better.

Odd that R.A. will start in Chicago. The big push to get him on the team was that management liked the way the knuckler worked in the dome.

how stinking ironic. we were just discussing at work about mauer's injury and I mentioned that at least it wasn't morneau or one of the starting pitchers and sure enough I must have jinxed them. at least it sounds from baker's comments that it's nothing to worry about so hopefully that's the case.

hopefully not for long he is on my fantasy team along with Morneau and hoffman - -both on DL too.

hopefully not for long he is on my fantasy team along with Morneau and hoffman - -both on DL too.

morneau is on the DL?

say it aint true.

at least we will not have to face Ichiro, he's been put on the 15DL by Seattle.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•     Hitler won the Holocaust, too..
    •   You need to stop eating those funny mushrooms before wondering around in the woods like that. You could get lost! Lol
    • No, not morels (at least not here), but I saw two different species of mushrooms on a little walk through a local woods: the "orange peel fungus" (aleuria aurantia) and one little brown mushroom that I couldn't identify.  The season isn't that far away!! 
    •   First of all, don't you know that CNN is fake news?    Second, if everyone took that advice there would be more Atheists than Christians.                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------            
    •   How about the plan that has proven effective in Portugal that I've told you about several times now? Are you just going to keep ignoring it and continue to ask silly questions?
    • Weather around the state has and will continue its fickle behavior as we close out an exceptionally warm week and move toward a significantly cooler weekend. Rain and snow are predicted across the state, with temperatures expected to fall rapidly Friday into Saturday, leading many to wonder if any of this precipitation will stick around long enough to revitalize the snowmobile and ski trails. Currently snowmobile trails remain open in a few northern counties, but conditions are very poor with bear spots and some standing water according to the Wisconsin Department of Tourism's Snow Conditions Report (exit DNR). Ski trails have similar conditions where they remain open.Eagles are congregating along the Mississippi River just in time for Bald Eagle Appreciation Days at Prairie du Chien this weekend.Photo Credit: Donna HigginsThe warm front has also strongly effected ice-cover on state water bodies and anglers are also eagerly waiting to see what the weekend's cold front will provide. The ice on southern lakes is deteriorating fast and is unsafe to fish. Even in the Northwoods some waters are breaking up and where the ice is still thick there is plenty of water on it, and areas of open water have started to show up along shorelines and in marshes and especially around beaver lodges. As a result, many anglers have taken advantage of warm temperatures for open water fishing. This past weekend 100 plus boats were fishing the Fox River from the 172 Bridge to the dam at Voyageur Park. Anglers in boats have been having mixed results catching coho salmon and brown and rainbow trout in the Milwaukee Harbor and in Oak Creek. Anglers were open water fishing the Rock River for walleye and sauger, where the bite was on at the Indianford Dam. Sauger and walleye were biting on Lake Wisconsin. Warm temperatures and rain will have the Wisconsin River back above flood stage this weekend. .
    •   My two cents... if you use vinyl you will never have to replace it again. When is the water ever going to hit it and STAY moist? That is what carpet does, vinyl will allow the water to roll right off.
    • Holy shamoley. Ott sacked em up big time!!
    •   PEATMOSS, where yea been? BigDave's going to be happy to see you back to help him beat on the religious folks! Lol
  • Our Sponsors