• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need ID help. No pic to help though.

Paul

I had a stranger in the yard the other day and have not been able to id him/her. Hanging out with Gackles. Black head, very deep dark red body. Any thoughts?

My sibley book is unfortunatley packed up in our house for sale phase.

SOme more info, It is about the size of a Grackle, but definatley not the red or purple of the Grackle. Dark Black Head. Larger bird maybe 6-8" head to tail. Very distinguished red that I could see on my furthest away feeder from my window. Didn't have any binoculers so it was easily visible in the snow storm. I found my Sibleys guide to birds, and paged through almost every page. Almost looks as if a Grackle maybe had some eggs with a Robin or a "Muddy" Scarlet Tanager.'

I will try and get some photos if he/she is still around. I have been feeding if for a few days now.