• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice fishing artic armour? smae as other stuff?

Dahitman44

I would say the camo is just as warm as the other options (red and green). For a lot of kneeling in wet conditions, the red and green are probably a little better. I like the camo because it is a little softer and quieter, but I give up a little bit of toughness in the material.

I have Ice Armor and love it. Artic Armor floats, is lighter, and is more expensive. For what I do, Ice Armor does the job for me. Great stuff! Whatever you decide, you'll be happy with it.

good explanation -- are they as good or better than the "other" options out there?

I think it's better. It's lighter weight and at least as warm as the other stuff, and very comfortable to wear. I wear it in my boat in the fall and spring ..... just had it on in the boat on the river a few days ago as a matter of fact. The built-in flotation is really nice for your peace of mind. I'll have mine in the boat all spring and along on opening weekend of walleye season .......

Its just as good if not better than the other options out there and I prefer it over the other brands because its waterproof, some others are not, and it will float you. The floatation itself is worth every cent. Another thing is its not big and bulky like other floatation suits.

If I were to buy another ice fishing suit today it would be another Arctic Armor suit.

I wore mine for the first time last weekend, and I couldn't believe how lightweight and comfortable it was to wear. It was very warm too. I just had a t-shirt on underneath.

I spent thirteen, yes 13, hours in a boat on Saturday and had my AA camo on. Was very nice and warm the whole day. The extra money it costs is not a big deal when you factor in it floats you and how light it is.

Insultex:

Insultex is the high performance alternative to other insulating products. Being pliable, thin, waterproof, and warm, manufacturers now choose to implement Insultex into their products because the insulation provides their products with the high performance without the bulk. Manufacturers may laminate, perforate, and sew Insultex, making it an extremely versatile material.

Insultex’s new cellular structured low-density polyethylene features buoyancy, impermeability, and resistance to cold temperatures. Insultex is also incredibly lightweight; one square yard weighs .42 ounces. In addition to it’s waterproof and windproof capabilities, 8.8 ounces of fabric can provide flotation to a 287 pound person.

With all of these features combined into one easy to implement material, the applications for Insultex are virtually endless.

TECHNICAL DATA:

1 square yard of Insultex is 0.021 inches thick (½ millimeter), and weighs .42 ounces

8.8 ounces of Insultex can float approximately 300 pounds of body weight

Barrier against cold, down to minus 13 degrees F.

Melting point is 194 degrees F.

Buoyancy Feature:

Insultex carries an incredible capacity to provide buoyancy making it suitable for countless applications in a range of industrial and fashion sectors. Insultex’s unrivaled buoyancy meets the highest standards of safety and reliability, making it an ideal and radical solution to all water related problems.

From my experience, yes! I bought my suit this winter and have been very happy with it. Light, warm, waterproof, and padding in all the right spots. Good stuff!

When my wife found out it floats, she told me that was what I was getting for Christmas. Who was I to argue???!!! smile

Thats funny, when mine found out she told me what she was getting for christmas. It did make shopping for her much easier though. laugh

I got mine on clearance. I would think it would be pretty tough to find them anywhere, especially when they sell out quicklym other than to order it, right now.