• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let's see your boat

Chris Haley

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well heres our nice little boat we bought last year!

Works good on the river and even better up in basswood!

and we are currently installing a nice marine radio in der!

0822081153c.jpg

0822081153.jpg

0822081153a.jpg

and then it also works nice for duck hunting!

035.jpg

(the stuff on both sides of me is camo canvas and it works really nice.

we are "pimpin" out my uncles little 12 footer for duck by using a pop-up blind with a camoed out engine!!

Jordyn

evinrude19, hey don't knock yourself, at least your not blowing all your cash like most your age. It's a good start! Flip it over this spring, sander her down and spray her up! She'll look like a millon bucks! In B/C 2. Leech~~

i tried throwing new paint on last year but she pealed of pretty good on the bottom so i am going to try again once it starts to warm up some outside cant wait to unleash that 9.9 evinrude lol i love that boat though i have gone through some much in it for the 3 years i have had it. big fish magnet right there grin

boiler, very nicely done! The rope lights are a great idea! cool Did you double check all these old rivets before you buttoned it all back up? So what are you going to do with that little Crestliner hiding on the side of the garage?

im also only 17 so i dont have the nicest set ups(i mostly fish rum river anyways)

Im gettin it ready for the year!!

14 foot

104_5195.jpg

I also have a 1959? 5 1/2 johnson for the john boat

Gunna use it as a duck boat in a couple years.

got it for free from grandpa so that makes it even better

12 foot

104_5196.jpg

evin19, Where and what kind of paint did you buy for it? On an old boat with a lot of old layers of paint, you have got to strip her down to bare metal, and then go from there. Good marine primer and then marine top layer! Put a stripe on the top, and she'll look great! I know it can cut in to the old minnow money a bit!

Rowboat?! just kiddin wink...thank you, yea i really like the set up, only have 2 5.5 horse motors though and i want to upgrade to a 10 hp sometime this year...

oh and yea i was lookin at boat motors on cra!gslist the other day and came across many boats similar to mine in the $200-750 price range

Burnham, I too have been lookin on hsolist lately but I'm trying to find just a boat and trailer mostly. I already have a super reliable 6hp Johnny to throw on it. I shouldnt have any trouble finding one before the fishing starts to heat up though. Its hard to find a setup with a really nice trailer like you have.

yea i know what ya mean. and those johnnys are reliable arent they! both of mine are right around 50 years old and work fine. yea i got the trailer from northern tool and equipment a couple years ago for $350. it cost a penny but was worth it