• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let's see your boat

Chris Haley

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GBPackerNut,

Your boat is sweet! That is exactly what I have in mind for my first boat. Does Alumacraft still make the Yukon? I see the Lunker on their HSOforum which looks pretty similar. Did you buy yours new or used?

Yukon was discontinued, bought it used about a month ago.

It would be very similar to a classic 165 or lunker 165, optioned with the vinyl flooring.

The Lunker is a little bit lighter, and has the small livewell like mine. The classic has a bigger livewell.

By biggest complaint is the rod storage, I can only fit 6'6" rods, I need to figure out a solution for 7 and 8 foot rods...

Here is a picture of my 97 Lund Angler SS. Wife and I bought the boat right off the Fishing MN for sale forum two years ago. Boat has provided us both with many memories......and a few fish too!:)

first038.jpg

Thanks Jason. It even started on the 2nd pull on opening day!! grin (pretty good for a motor born the same year I was)

I think I'm going to at least try to do something with the wooden bench seats this year. Probably leave them as is, cracks and all but throw a couple of new coats of varnish on them.

If anyone else wants to see it in person, let me know - I'm always looking for fishing buddies who can introduce me to different lakes (dad just likes to stick with Fish and Spring down in Prior Lake)

Patti

Here's a couple pictures of my first boat: 2000 Crestliner Fishhawk 1750 w/90 hp Merc 2 stroke. Purchased May of 2007.

Truck and Boat:

3549671593_18602c29ca.jpg

Proud of the new Boat:

3549668643_b0fe69cffb.jpg

Me fighting a 52" sturgeon at the Sturgeon Excursion 2008 (My dad standing ready with the net):

3549661773_f7254bfbee.jpg

My dad landing a nice sturgeon (Extreme net man not included):

3549661861_66f8b0144f.jpg

This has been without a doubt one of the best purchases of my life. I have spent countless relaxing hours on the water over the past 2 summers with friends, family, and my wife and dog.

Vikingmeatwad,

Is that a 1993 Alumacraft Competitor? Looks just like my mother-in-law's boat!

Yep, '93 Classic Deluxe. Not sure if its the same as the Competitor but I like the boat until I upgrade this or next year. Gotta keep saving :-)