Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tinkhamtown

1st Wednesday of the month

7 posts in this topic

1st Wednesday of the month

Anybody else have dogs that howl while the emergency sirens are being tested? I have two dogs that howl every time and I am wondering if any one knows why? They also howl sometimes when a police car or fire engine goes by with the siren on.

Just wondering

Tink

Gotta be the sound. Mine doesn't mind sirens, but whines/howls when he's chewing on squeaky toys. It must bother him, but not enough to stop squeaking the toy! smile

My old lab used to do that, I always figured it must have hurt her ears, or maybe she thought it was another dog howling and she was howling back

My youngest lab howls at the siren but my older one does not and never has.

Both my labs get in on that. Its like a choir ging on in the back yard.

Dogs will group together an howl if they are claiming their territory. This is something that wolves do and I've seen other dogs do it in response to hearing howling. My dogs do it periodically. I like call it the "outdoor doggie symphony." Then again, like the other people have said, your dogs may be doing it if the sound bothers time. Who knows, but gotta love'em anyway!