• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm guessing the campground isn't officially open yet, but does anyone think I'd be able to set up a tent there this weekend? I'm solo this weekend, so if I'm not able to camp, there's always the back seat of my truck. Also curious about the snow depths back in the woods. Thanks

Brooks

Had the campground to myself this weekend. There was one spot just big enough for my tent, that was clear of snow. The rivers were pretty ugly. I checked 3 different rivers and all were about 34 degrees and muddy. I had a couple bumps on yarn and saw one fish landed, but there just aren't that many fish in the rivers right now. I contemplated driving over to the Brule, but explored a couple new rivers for later in the month instead. Plenty of guys still ice fishing, 4 guys out in front of the Sioux, 1/2 doz. out from the coal dock and a few groups you could barely see on the Ashland side.

Well, if you were over that way, you and everyone else fishing was illegal. Those streams open with the inland opener.

This is copied out of the regs:

Lake Superior Streams

(all are located in Ashland, Bayfi eld, Douglas and Iron

Counties)

All streams fl owing into Lake Superior have the following

regulations from their mouths upstream to the fi rst impassable

permanent barrier unless listed in specifi c waters listed by county:

Open season: May 2 at 5:00 a.m. to September 30

Daily bag limit: 5 trout and salmon in total, only 2 of which

may be brown trout over 15" and only 1 of which may be a

rainbow trout

Size limit: brook trout 8", brown trout 10", salmon 12", & rainbow

trout 26"

"unless listed in specifi c waters listed by county:"

Recheck the regs Roe. The 3 rivers I fished all opened up on the 28th. The Sioux-downstream from the big rock, Fish Creek, and the Cranberry. I appreciate your concern for my legality, but it is indeed intact.