• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gaborik?

OnAFly

Who all thinks the Wild will make a legitimate push to get Gabby back in the offseason? I wouldn't be too surprised if they did for a year contract and a low rate. I don't know how much confidence other teams could have in him after the last three years so there might not be a huge market for him. One thing I do know, he won't be getting that 8M a year he wanted in the beginning of the season. wink

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they will make a big push for him, however I think he's already made his mind up and will hit free agency. There might be an outside chance we can sign him for one year if we are willing to pay the big $$$, I think a lot of teams will be nervous about his more than obvious injury problems.

As much as I want to say let him go, he is a dynamic player and it is very evident that he us usually the best player on the ice.

I would like to know our back up plan if and when we let Marian walk away. There is not a ton of talent coming out of the free agent market in the way of young wingers. Jay Bousmester would be a great add but he will certainly demand 6-7 million. This team obviously needs scoring in a bad way, I would just like to know where its going to come from before we let our best goal scorer go.

There is not a ton of talent coming out of the free agent market in the way of young wingers. Jay Bousmester would be a great add but he will certainly demand 6-7 million.

Mike Cammalerri-Cal-26

Martin Havlat-Chi-27

Marian Hossa-Det-29

Johan Franzen-Det-28

Alex Tanguay-Mtl-28

Brian Gionta-NJ-29

Nik Antropov-Nyr-28

Daniel Sedin-Van-27

Henrik Sedin-Van-27

These are the F and C under 30 that are UFA and are somewhat decent. Boumeester is a D and we already have enough of them. Wild need scoring F and C.

Its a given Gaborik and Hossa will be in Vancouver next year along side their countryman Demitra. Thats the line we could have had this year if they would of done everthing right instead of sitting on their *** like they do every year. They know were buying tickets no matter who they put on the ice.

Sure Gaborik's a great skater and puck handler just his style doesnt fit Lemaires plan. So in order to keep him Lemaires Got to go. Just my 2 cents

Havlat is good but he is more injury prone than Gaborik. If the Wild go to a new system next year then I wouldn't mind bringing Gabby back on a one year deal. I absolutely hate the Sedin boys. I know there good but somethinmg about them.....We need someone to go along with Koivu. We could bring in his brother to center a line or also get Tanguay or Kovalev who is also a UFA but he is so up and down I don't know if I want him. I just want to see a high flying team that the other team has to worry about scoring more than 2 goals a game.

The thing about Gabby is, he's definitely the best player we have. If he's healthy, we're not even talking about a playoff race for the Wild. He's the only player we have that gets people out of their seats when he rushes the puck. He's a top 10 player in the league and we really do need to keep him.

That being said, we offered him huge $$ and he turned it down, which tells me he wants to test the waters and see what's out there. At this point, he may just go somewhere on a 1-year deal, just to save face by not having to accept less than what we offered him in the 1st place.

Problem is, if we trade him, we probably won't get much in return due to his "value". That's what sux...there's probably nothing we can do to keep him, and we won't get anything for him if he leaves. It's really a shame.

As for the free-agents, just my opinion, not based on anything except my gut.

I'd love to get Antropov, and think he'd fit really well here. But, I think NY will probably give him the $$$. I'd love to be wrong.

Detroit will hold onto Hossa and give him big $$. They will probably not be able to keep both him and Franzen, so he could be a real possibility for the Wild.

I also think the Sedin's will stay put in Vancouver.

Don't really have a read on the others.

I'd take both of the Sedin boys on my team, they produce offense and score points. That's what I want on my team whether I hate them nor not.

I agree with you but it's their little panzy but goatee's and red hair that makes me want to crush every bone in their body.

That being said they are cycling machines and are masters at that little flip pass in front of the net that usually end up in a goal.

I am going to have to jump on the official "Sedin Twins Hating" bandwagon. The red goat and their "weird I fell!...is there gonna be a call?" attitudes get me. I know they are good players, but I'm not sure I will ever hear the words, "Sedin shoots, and he scores!" and get excited.

I would love...absolutley love...to get Franzen out here. That is a player who is dangerous every time he has the puck, no matter where he is. Isn't Kovalchuck a UFA soon? Maybe that's just wishful thinking. He would be a good Gabby replacement.

All I really know is that to get a replacement for Gabby we are going to have to fork over a lot of cash. That is not something we have been good at in the past.

My thoughts on what will happen.... 1 year contract for Gabby, then he will play super well and get traded to Detroit or Vancouver for the money we won't spend. Then we rebuild again to another slightly above average team.

I think the chances of the Wild resigning Gabby are 50/50 right now with the salary cap going down. Heck I'd rather sign him and get a 4th round pick for him than nothing.

I think JL will retire which will open the door for getting some more offensive players in here. Problem is if we lose Gabby we need 2 offensive forwards, not just one. I would love to see the Sedin Twins here.