• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lure choices for pike shore fisherman

You really cant beat just some kind of a spinner. I would say that I catch 75% of my pike on a willow leaf spinner bait. I also have pretty good luck with an in-line spinner with a touble hook on it. They are both pretty weedless and i think pike are just as willing to hit them as they are some kind of plug that isnt as weedless.

yeah mepps, along weed lines if ya can get to them, I remember about 3 years back b4 I had a boat I was in the same kinda conditions- boat less n only fihed from shore, I got sick of it and went to wal mart or fleet farm cant remember axactly but I pic up a 4 person inflatable boat for $40, it worked for 2 summers on the lakes then I got an actual boat early last year, maybe thats and idea for ya too!

I have some lilipads around our dock and love to fish for bass and pike in the slop. I've caught numerous bass and pike with a silver johnson minnow tipped with gulp worm or leech. Scum frogs are even more fun to use. Tricky to wait the 1-2 seconds before hookset, but I've caught lots of bass and one or two pike. Both of these lures can be casted right into the weeds.

Floating raps, spinner baits, topwaters, and rattlin raps can all be fished shallow and around weeds as well. Shallow slip bobber can also be deadly if you can cast accurately to the open pockets.

MR Pike 1973,

After late June, or so, weeds will be a big problem for the shore fisherman. Also, as the water warms, the better pike will move out to the weed edge and beyond. However, bass fishing in the weeds can be great all year. As others have said, weedless frogs, and weedless spoons can be dynamite. If you want a unique pike experience while wading try the Mississipi north of the 694 bridge, and up by Monticello. There's a lot of water here along with some decent pike fishing. Weeds aren't much of an issue, but rocks will be. Still, it's fairly easy to fish here. In line spinners, crankbaits, slash baits, and topwaters all work well.