• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

4 in Twin Cities fined for smuggling waterfowl from Agentina

I wondered the same thing. I know you have to have an import permit and an inspection permit which can be purchased at Fort Snelling USF&W service office. There's a bunch of paperwork hoops you have to jump thru but it's not un-doable. Unless it has something to do with international treaty's on migratory waterfowl.

Also not declaring them was a big-NO-No.

Bizarre to say the least because if you can afford a trip to Argentina why on earth would you smuggle ducks back to here ? I wonder what these 4 guys purpose was ?

Those were my exact thoughts! I think they just dident want to pay the extra money and jump through the necesary hoops one must jump through to transport game from a foreighn country. They obviously made the wrong choice, im suprised the taxidermist even mounted these birds.

Ya if they had the money to hunt in Argentina. you would think they would have the money to declare and transport the birds back legally. Outdoor news said they paid fines totaling $ 10,775.00 i guess they won't have that much extra cash now. What kind of taxidermist would agree to mounting birds that were in violation of the Lacey Act anyway??

I wasn't aware of the full story so they mounted some and oh boy. I guess it's just one of those strange stories, makes me wonder if they have been out of the country in Mexico or somewhere else and wonder if they have done this before and maybe got away with it. 11 grand, pretty spendy ducks. Another wonder is what their wives and family had to say.

In the Grand Scheme of Things, I wonder if we are prioritizing our resources properly.

Seems like a lot of time and trouble for a couple of ducks, that it appears may have been taken legally, but snuck into the country in contravention of the law.

Illegal importing? How about the 10's of thousands of illegals flooding across our southern borders? I guess catching ducks on the wall is easier.....

Oh well, I guess we were protecting something here.