• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question on oil leak

1999 Chevrolet Tracker(Suzuki/Isuzu(sp?)) 4 cylinder. Automatic, 4wd.

Oil, on garage floor one morning, never before. I tightened up the valve cover bolts (6), which seemed a bit loose. Next day, new oil drips still on the floor/cardboard. Crawled underneath and tried to find the source. Oil pan bolts seemed tight. Oil filter sealed tight. I am going to take it to the carwash and clean the engine, hoping to see new oil trails running down. In two weeks time, it looses less than ½ a pint or 4 ounces (guessing).

Does anyone have any advice or experience with this? I would like to appease the wife.

River-rat4

1.6 liter or 2.0

If its the 2.0 I think those are a timing chain which would eliminate the cam seal as being the problem

If the 1.6 its a t-belt and its possible for the cam seal to be leaking. You'll have a much better idea where its coming from once its cleaned up.

Thanks for the input. It is a 2.0 ltr. I have yet to pressure wash the engine. I can't quite get a grasp on the leaks, origin. Frustrating.

99trakerpsideview021-1.jpg

99trakerpsideview020-1.jpg

99trakerpsideview019-1.jpg

I am adding pictures of the body style. It is not a Rag Top. 1999 Chev Tracker, 70,000 miles with air con (not working).

I will pressure wash soon. I always have time and run out of it! Poor excuse, I know.

Thank you for any info/advice. Like I said, I am trying to save face with the wife.

river-rat4