• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Camera

Reading again Vister so that's the theory behind the battery life, uses less if color by day, black and white by night. Got it. It's probably why the father in laws uses more juice, cuddeback takes a nice photo, early on I was wondering if my moultree was lying to me about % battery life left and I worried something wasn't right, but it did the job efficiently.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have most of you put out your cameras?

Yes, My old man and brother each have had their trail cam's out for the last month and we are getting pics of a few that could or will be shooters this year. We have one that is growing a very unique rack and very excited to see what happens to the deer..He already has 6 points. I will post pics later as the growth process goes on.

Pretty soon we'll be seeing the new borns and their mom, that will be fun to see as well.

Anyone else as well?

I would try the highest resoulution and see how many pictures you get on that setting and go from there. I normally choose the highest one cause i always want the best pictures taken.

Ok, I just have to say this because I'm still in AWE about my Moultrie I4.0. I put in batteries last October, yes October 2008 and I'm still at 69% battery life. I've been taking pictures all winter and video this spring and I can't believe the longevity or usage it has on batteries. I don't work or sponsored by them but when I did my homework on which camera to get that takes good pictures the Moultrie I4.0 was the choice and am I very happy with my purchase. If you are in the market for another IR camera under $200 I personaly recomend this until. If I can find the pennies to get another I will do so by August for more scouting.

good luck,

mr

Only one guy posted pictures?! Come on people what this thread needs is some pics. I'm going to go out on a limb and post some here ha. Had the camera out for day and a half over a brand new mineral block and just got this nice doe.

005.jpg

006.jpg

On my Moultrie 4.0 the strap busted. (from male to the female end) So now I just have to wrap it around a tree and tie them together. I just bought this camera at Scheels a year ago. What should I do?