• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Camera

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one dandy deer. The time isn't that bad either for a old smart deer like that one. But you may not want to sit in that stand. Looks like there might be corn on the ground in the top pic. Not sure.

In the Minnesota Hunting and Trapping Regulations Handbook 2009 it states "An area is considered baited for 10 days after complete removal of the bait or feed." When I went to pull the card the date was 10/17/09. There was not one kernel of corn left. Considering season opens on the 7th, I am pretty sure there is 10 days in between there.

Am I missing something here?

The land we hunt is not bow hunted.

I agree, I had a post agreeing with SticknString, but it never took. Don't worry about, some just like to get riled up over nothing.

Hopefully, he was just being helpful, but I've seen people jump all over others. Having no idea if that area is hunted or not. Sometimes the pics even come from Wisc. where it is legal.

I am awair of the ten day baiting rule. Maybe i should have been more specific in my wording. Maybe I should have said you cant hunt that stand right now or, when there is corn on the ground. Sorry if you thought is was calling you out. I was actually making a comment to bugbucks. His comment was (I wanna sit in that stand).

Good luck getting the big one. smile

This week was smaller bucks again, as my brothers beef cattle are now out on the field disturbing the deer movement. Still had one decent one in though. I moved the cam back in the weeds a little bit over a scrape to avoid the cattle. We will see what happens now. cool to see the little ones working the scrapes!

trailcam10-25-09005.jpg

trailcam10-23-09009.jpg

trailcam10-23-09012.jpg

Wow, there are some pics of monsters.

Here's a couple from earlier this year, newer ones are on a different puter. Smaller bucks were doing some pretty good pushing fairly early this year.

SeptFoodPlotBig111.jpg

This is the biggest buck I've been getting pics of this year. He's a nightly visitor to his scrape line along our food plot, sometimes twice a day/night. Had him on cam last year and he looked very similar, poor mass good length. He's added some width and length since last year but his body certainly matured. Rack is hard to see in the pic but the video gives a pretty good view.

Any guesses on him, I can't decide what I think he'd go. I want to say he'd make P&Y and maybe even + 5-10" but I don't know. I'm usually a pretty good guesser, but this one has me stumped. Little mass, good mainbeams, and good length.

SeptFoodPlotBig115.jpg

th_SeptFoodPlotBig115-1.jpg