• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

USB Ports

lawman

Question

Bought a new scanning device that converts the 35mm slides taken years ago into a digital image you can load onto your computer. All went well until I hooked the device onto the computer. the screen prompt says I need a high speed USB port. I have several ports (front and back)and have tried them all. My computer runs on XP and is only a year old. What gives?

10 answers to this question

You probably need a USB 2.0 port. If yours are all USB 1 (older) then you can get a PCI card that is a USB 2.0 (or newer) version. About $20 maybe... Best Buy has them.

My iPod would do that every time I connected it to my old computer that didn't have a USB 2.0 system and I just had to acknowledge the pop-up balloon in the corner but it would still connect and work fine.

I have one of those same 35MM scanners like you mentioned and use it on a 5 year old (slow) PC. I also get that same message and I just ignor (or close) it and it works just fine every time.