Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DRH1175

Best way to fix a flat?

5 posts in this topic

I have a flat on my front tire of my x320. Dang roofers left a few nails that I found the hard way. Anyways what is the best way to get the tire off?

Are you talking about removing the tire from the rim?

If you can get a set of tire levers then that would be the tool or you can use some large "12" or larger" screwdrivers as levers, but obviously not ideal. With the air out you can stand on the sidewall to break the bead then use the levers to work the tire off.

Otherwise you have the option of trying some "fix a flat" to seal the hole since its just a mower tire.

They do have tire plug sets at most parts houses. Then you don't have to take the tire off.

Suppose Fixing the flat myself would solve the problem too. Thanks!

I've got one lawn mower tire with 8 plugs in it right now. laugh

If you're going to get yourself a kit and do it yourself, get the better one, with the "T" handle where you can push with your weight to get through the tire.

If you get the cheaper kit, it's more like a screwdriver handle and you're not going to be able to get much pressure on it.

They're about $3 more.