Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bemidjibasser

Hating Winter in BEmidji....

12 posts in this topic

Just thought I would gripe a little here. Looking out the window at school and we are getting dumped on. On a bright note we are getting out early, so I will have time to spend in my rod building/ tackle shop. When will it end??? I need to get on some soft water and soon!!!

We got some snow down this way, but it all melted when it hit the ground. We have open water down here as well, and if the forecast is right it is supposed to be 50degrees on friday. So I might just have to get the boat out for the first time this year!! I don't have to go into school on friday because of my schedule, so I might just have to hit the lake! Summer really can't get here fast enough, even though I stay really busy with baseball down here during the summer I still make sure to get on the water whenever possible!

Duluth isn't looking too great either. Lots of blizzard winds and a fair amount of snow.

But--- THE BEAVERS ARE IN THE FROZEN 4!!!!! Its because they had such a great mascot back in 90-91.. I'm sure thats the reason!!!!\

GO BEAVERS!!!!

But--- THE BEAVERS ARE IN THE FROZEN 4!!!!! Its because they had such a great mascot back in 90-91.. I'm sure thats the reason!!!!\

GO BEAVERS!!!!

Really? thats the first I've heard of this.

I better go check out the FishingMinnesota Hockey forum... grin

here, I'll post the article for you, even thought they dont mention the great mascot from 90-91

March 30, 2009

Bemidji State-Cornell Highlights | Interactive Bracket

Courtesy of Western Michigan

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- Tyler Scoefield netted to goals to propel Bemidji State over Cornell 4-1 Sunday night at Van Andel arena to advance to its first ever appearance at the Frozen Four, becoming the first ever No. 16 seeded team in NCAA history to do so.

BSU goalie Matt Dalton stopped 60 of 62 shots on the weekend, earning a .970 save percentage and a spot on the Midwest Regional All-Tournament team. Scofeild's four goals and two assists were enough to earn him Most Valuable Player honors.

Cornell was first on the board at 12:25 of the second period. Keir Ross got a quick shot off a lucky bounce from Tyler Mugford's faceoff win. Ross's shot was redirected by Sean Collins and past Dalton to give the Big Red a 1-0 lead.

The Beavers answered just two minutes later at the 14:25 mark when Ryan Adams netted his first goal of the season. Scofield was able to gain control and push the puck back to Adams at the right point. Adams let loose a wrist shot that sailed through heavy traffic in front of Cornell goaltender Ben Scrivens and into the net. Scofield picked up the assist for his third point of the weekend.

Scofield put the Beavers ahead 2-1 at 4:05 of the third period. The BSU breakout started with Kyle Hardwick bumping the puck to Matt Read at the Bemidji State half-boards. Read connected with Scofield on a cross-ice pass on a 3-on-2 rush.

Scofield broke down the right wing and fired a quick wrist shot past Scrivens for his third goal of the tournament.

Bemidji State extended their lead to two with a goal courtesy of Matt Francis at 9:30 of the third period. After winning a battle on the right half-boards, Ben Kinne drove just below the goal line and flipped the puck to Scrivens' left. Francis fired home the loose puck with a Cornell defender in close proximity. Scofield's hot shooting continued as he got his second of the night and fourth of the weekend with an empty-net goal at 16:37. Fighting off a furious Cornell attack, Graham McManam nudged the puck up to Read. Read flicked it into the neutral zone to Scofield, who fired a wrist shot from just inside the red line into the open net.

In a scoreless first period Cornell had three power play opportunities and created some quality scoring chances, but thanks to an aggressive Bemidji penalty killing unit, was only able to come away with five shots on net. Cornell outshot the Beavers 26-21 overall.

Bemidji State made its third appearance in the Division I NCAA Tournament since 2000. Prior to earning DI classification, the team earned 13 NCAA Division II and III tournament berths in a 16-year span from 1983-98 and captured six national championships. The Beaver's win on Saturday in the Midwest Regional Semifinals marked just the second time a CHA team has won in the NCAA Tournament. Niagara was the first team to do so when they beat UNH in 2000.

Cornell returned to the NCAA Tournament for the 17th time in school history and the first time since 2000 after gaining an at-large selection.

Bemidji State now advances to face Miami on Thursday, April 9, at the semifinals of the Frozen Four in Washington D.C. Time of the puck drop remains to be determined.

spring has been cancelled this year

LOL It will be a smooth transition from winter to fall. Let's just skip spring and summer all together