• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Opener

lungdeflator

The opener is always the 2nd Saturday in May. Mother's Day is always the 2nd Sunday in May.

The opener is two weeks before the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. So next year it's actually the 3rd Saturday in May (15th).

The 8th is the earliest it will ever be based on the wording of the law.

FYI... 15th is a Friday/ so 16th is a Saturday. So I hope to shoot abig beard on Friday for start of archery season, and immediatly head to Mille Lacs area to catch a few 'eyes. Sounds like a fun and busy weekend.

According to the regulations the walleye and northern pike opener is set as the Saturday closest to, but not past, the 15th of May.

I thought that porposal to change the opener to a date not conflicting with Mothers Day was a bunch of bull. One has nothing to do with the other. If someone wants to go fishing or honor thier mother it is entirely thier choice which they choose to do.

Minnesota Administrative Rules

Section 6262.0200 - - Fishing Regulations for Inland Waters

Walleye and sauger. 6 in aggregate.

Saturday two weeks prior to the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend to the last Sunday in February.

i believe as it was stated its 2 weekends before memorial

the resort assocition got it pushed back years ago because some times it fell the week end before and they would lose money

cuz people waited for the 3 day weekend

April 19th MN/SD boundary waters "opener"..should be good.

We will start fishing the MN/ND boundary waters as soon as the Red River decides to develop a boundary one may fish.

As for the MN May "opener", I'll be far-far away from that circus!

We usually fish the MB Canada catfish season opener on the Red River of the North about that time in May. Normally it is very good fishing for sumo cats early in May, and especially during high water years.

opener on mother's day???....so what???? I'm not listening to any commercials telling me I GOTTA buy something along with a Hallmark. It's all a conspiracy by PETA to stop the onslaught of pain being inflicted upon a fish's mouth and cease the use of lead jig-heads.