Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Katman

Seaguar Fluro Abarzx - anyone use them before?

4 posts in this topic

I'm finally going to jump away from my stren to seaguar. I've had great reviews from a friend or two... anyone use this FC before? I've not used the regular Seaguar FC but I've heard nothing but great stuff. 15lb is going on my core/cumara combo for bottom bounching and worms, while 8lb will seat on the daiwa sol/cumara for drop shotting. They have a great sale at BPS and I picked ordered a few. I usually use pp or suffix braid.... but I want to see what FC is all about and how it affects my presentation. Thanks for any reviews guys!

I have not used it, but I as well have heard good reviews.

As for advice, I would not go a whole lot higher than 8 lb as floro can be tough to manage on spinning reels especially if its a small spinning reel. Usually its best to go up a size in reel to get the floro to sit nicely. I dont follow my own advice well, but I use 6 lb Gamma on a 1000 series Shimano Stradic.

Thanks Dietz! I'm going to be using the 8lb on my 2500 spin model daiwa sol. Will this seat ok? What do you mean "tough to manage?" Does it not roll off the spool well?

When I say tough to manage.. Florocarbon is quite stiff compared to a normal mono/copoly. So, it tends to jump off the spool and can cause tangles... You should be fine with 8lb on a 2500...