Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Darth Baiter

Blatnick Bridge

4 posts in this topic

Awesome pictures Darth man. I grew up launching boats under the Blatnick, or Highbridge as it's also called. I have a great black and white of my son with his Grandpa there holding up some lakers he caught out on the main lake. I have never been below the bridge when the lights are on at night since they installed them. Look's beautiful! BC

awesome shots!

What time of night did you take that shot! Cool to see the sky line in the back ground as well!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Del with another 100 questions that don't need answers. Just understand that our media is not a free press and that is all you need to know.
    • I think it might be time to dump Kuemps for a more stable backup, kid showed promise years back but right now it feels like any game he starts is an automatic loss or we need to score 5 goals to win.
    • Or creative video editing
    • It was mentioned to me today that there was a 218 lb 8 pointer taken.   I'm sure Outdoor News will have a report this week on the hard numbers.
    • I predict if trump wins the election, obama and the democrats blame Russian interference, declare the election results null and void, and install joe "plugs" biden as interim President.   All, with little, if any resistance from the elite establishment republicans.  
    • My prediction at this point:   Clinton: 328 Trump: 199 McMullin: 6 Johnson: 5
    • To echo Lip Ripper, I'd find it pretty difficult to compete anywhere in the fish house market regardless of what your end product goals are. Even though it may seem like it, I doubt there's much room for more competition. We're a pretty small number of outdoorsman that are looking for a fish house as even the southern end of MN has winters where it's barely enough to be out on any bodies of water. That basically leaves about the northern 2/3rds of MN and a small portion of WI for any amount of population to take advantage of your product. The number of "camper" style houses coming out kind of baffles me. There's rarely ever a product that does multiple things well, it just does them good enough. I'd almost bet that you could survey everyone you seen with an AC unit on the top of their house and ask them if they would rather have a real camper, they'd probably give up the fish house. I just don't think there would be enough money in the vertical of building fish houses to invest much into it. The only possible way would be to do very one off custom setups. And if you're going to go that route, they better tow perfectly and you better be able to jack up one corner of the house and all the doors and windows should operate. Clientele and margins just aren't there otherwise.
    • As anticipated, the "rigging" has begun...   ‘Calibration Error’ Changes GOP Votes to Dem in Illinois County October 22, 2016   Early voting in Illinois got off to a rocky start Monday, as votes being cast for Republican candidates were transformed into votes for Democrats. Republican state representative candidate Jim Moynihan went to vote Monday at the Schaumburg Public Library. “I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent,” Moynihan said. “You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat.” The conservative page Illinois Review reported that “While using a touch screen voting machine in Schaumburg, Moynihan voted for several races on the ballot, only to find that whenever he voted for a Republican candidate, the machine registered the vote for a Democrat in the same race. He notified the election judge at his polling place and demonstrated that it continued to cast a vote for the opposing candidate’s party. Moynihan was eventually allowed to vote for Republican candidates, including his own race.
    • Not picking on you, slammer, but I've seen price point mentioned in a few of the posts.  Having done the math, the average person would not be able to replicate an Ice Castle (same materials, no value on time) for what Ice Castle is selling them for.  Most people don't have the capability of building their own, but those who do are going to spend 400-600 hours of their time building it.  Knowing that you can get one built with a warranty for less money and no time...I would argue they are a fair value.     Building 3,000 houses per year, they get huge material discounts from their suppliers.  This is what the other manufacturers are up against, and why I say you would need to build at least 50-100 your first year to have any chance of competing.   For about 30% more you have the Yetti, Firebrand, Big Bear, Elite, Custom Cottage, etc.  I know Yetti and Firebrand build a lot of houses, but it isn't anywhere near Ice Castle.  You pay more, but the materials and craftsmanship are of much higher quality.   A lot of people don't believe me when I say that there is no money to be made in competing with Ice Castle on price, but it's true.  If there's a corner to be cut in the manufacturing process or materials, they've already cut it.  So your only option is to build higher quality, at a higher price point, and hope buyers see the value.  Take a look at the ICOG Facebook page....there's plenty of people who would be happy to pay 20-30% more for quality.                  
  • Our Sponsors