• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

More migrants coming......

MARINERMAGNUM

Haven't been out much lately,but went to our local marsh on Sunday for an hour and saw many species re-fueling. The wind was awful,but the birds still didn't mind my being around them too much as I didn't have any camo clothing on but they didn't seem to care. Restricted by ground,I approached as close as I could for some images. Looking forward to getting out in the canoe for some close up shots.

Shoveler Drake

3400232818_4fc40ba7ef_o.jpg

Kissy Luv Luv

3400490630_b4e9e47272.jpg

Green Winger

3400232480_4710679a41_o.jpg

Big Blue

3400232320_91ae137938.jpg

All Alone

3399424011_ff6d9fcf09_o.jpg

Greater[?] Yellowlegs

3399424153_d6062ec114_o.jpg

The Blue Wing Gang

3399423495_e498bed6b4_o.jpg

Nice shots there, but please tell me, are the warblers there yet?

Nope-well,not technically anyway. I definately heard a Yellow Rumped Warbler the other day,but could not locate the little bugger. They are almost always the 1st to show up so it wasn't a suprise.

I have a nice little out of the way spot close to home that is always where I sight 4 species before I see them anywhere else. All 4 seem to show up on the same day-er,I shouldn't say that,they may come during the week,but all are there on that Saturday when I show up. The 4 are: Hermit Thrush,Yellow Rump Warbler,Kinglets,and YB Sapsucker.

FWIW Mike [micpic] has already seen some Hermit Thrushes. I did see an Eastern Phoebe on Sunday.

I'm hoping to get a better shot of a Black Throated Blue Warbler this year. There are some that nest just down the road from me along with nesting Redstarts,Nashvilles,and Tennesees also.

Summer can't get here soon enough!