• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

st. croix mojo bass

Larson15

Hiya -

When you start talking about the differences between rod models, I think one of the things to consider is what you're doing with it. Take the Compre vs. Clarus. Both nice rods. If you're buying a jigworm or drop shot rod, you'd maybe notice the performance difference, but if you were getting, say, a spinnerbait rod, or other power fishing technique rod, I really doubt you would. If you're buying a combo, take the difference in $$ and upgrade your reel choice. Probably make a far more noticeable performance difference. I have some rods I use all the time that in and of themselves aren't all that great a rod, but for what I do with them they're just fine... Don't need a $300 rod to sling a Jawbreaker spoon into the wild rice....

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

RK Great advice. I seen Larry Dahlberg throwing spinnerbaits and crankbaits on TV with a $240 Cumara, Makes no sense to me....

Now back to the St. Croix's I just picked up one of those Avid series. Holy Moly what a nice feeling light rod!

RK Great advice. I seen Larry Dahlberg throwing spinnerbaits and crankbaits on TV with a $240 Cumara, Makes no sense to me....

Now back to the St. Croix's I just picked up one of those Avid series. Holy Moly what a nice feeling light rod!

you'll love the avid! i have 2 and they are great. you want to feel a light rod try holding a St. croix legend elite.

The avid is a great rod. The legend elite is unbelievable but I cant convince myself to spend that kind of money on a rod.

Has anyone checked out the new Fenwick HMG's? I picked one up at the store the other day and it felt awesome. Very light and pretty as well. They were running for $120. I have always liked the HMX but always thought they were a little stiff. The HMG seemed a little more tip sensative.

The avid is one of the best all around rods out there IMO. They are light, not too expensive and have great actions. I have about 20 of them and have only broke 2 in about 7 years.

More hijacking.

Good Lord, I hate fishing rice. I hate it even hearing people talk about it.

RK, you can talk about fishing that stuff as much as you want. I won't censor you on that topic.

Awww c'mon... Fishing rice is a riot. Limited options for lures, but it's fun to watch them come blasting through the rice to eat a spoon. Jawbreakers, Barney Spoons, frogs and rats - toss back a Senko when you miss a fish. Too fun. Just have to remember to set the hook off to the side when you're using a spoon. Those Jawbreakers raise a pretty good welt when you get drilled by one at 100 mph.

cheers,

Rob Kimm