• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

st. croix mojo bass

Larson15

I just picked up a 7' med/hvy fast act. with a abu garci revo S and a 6'9 med/lite x-fast act. with a pfleuger president for drop shotting. Does anyone have any experience or input on these rods? I ordered them online and got them the other day. Compared to my st. croix triumphs they feel kinda heavy. Sort of debating if I should return them or try them out.

I'm waiting on a 69MLXF from St. Croix. I'm hoping it turns out to be a decent rod as I wouldn't mind getting a couple other ones. $90 is a good price for technique specific rods.

i picked up the 7ft heavy frog 7-6 med heavy pitchin 7ft crankin i like all of them the frog rod i teamed with pflueger patriarch 7.1:1 7-6 i put summit in same gear ratio crankin has a trion 5.2:1. cant wait to get out in the boat with them.

I got a chance to use the 7'6" flippin stick down in texas a couple weeks ago and i thought it performed very well. It pulled the fish out of the trees with ease. The only thing i had to do was get a balancing kit and now the rod feels great, its amazing how balancing rods will make them feel much lighter.

come on olski, those people that know me, know I am all about fun.. If I yell its only because someone isnt having a good time.. LOL

there are a ton of great rods on the market.. And I have to admit Shimano is only one of them.. but I will say that shimano does have the best warranty program out there.

I cant rip on Ike as he does run the best boat out there.. LOL--Go BassCat! ( I also forgive him from catching a 12 lb bass and then puking on the side of his puma ) I'd have done the same thing!

I'm looking to spend around $100 on a spining rod for fishing plastics. I was thinking about going with a St. Croix Premier, but could be swayed. Most of the rods I own now are cheaper Guide Series rods from Gander.

This would be more of an all purpose plastics rod. Any recommendations?

Honestly, I use a 6'6" M Shimano Compre very often and like it a lot. Like Dietz has mentioned before, the warranty is the best one the market. Lifetime, over-the-counter on a less than $100 rod that fishes like its $150. If you do go with a St.Croix spinning rod I would highly recommend that you spend the extra $ and bump up to the Avid series; there is a night and day difference compared to their other models.

Sorry to continue highjacking... I agree with tonka. however, I was pumped when we got the clarus rods in our store this year (last yr we didn't carry that model) because I think we are going to sell a ton of them! In my opinion it may be the best $70 rod on the market that I have personally seen