Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
catflisher

Not plastic, not live bait, wiggles like crazy, smells like.....

9 posts in this topic

Bacon!!!! I posted this on the regular ice fishing forum, and thought I'd post it here as well...Went out yesterday...My waxie box was full of black things and the maggots got froze....Decided to try something that worked for me last summer...I cut thin strips of bacon and threaded them on a small horizontal jig, just like a plastic....left a small tail off the back to wiggle seductivly...Boy does that thing wiggle and undulate!!..I found it near impossible to keep it dead still..Salty, just like all those bass worms...Tough, white and wiggly...And I'm sure it takes on food coloring well...Fot the first time this year, I had to use the hemostats to get the hooks out!! They swallered it right up!!...Just an interesting option..P.S....I was using my Aqua View, so I know how incredible the action was...I've never seen a plastic that moves as much!!

Cat, do you prefer the thick or thin cut for more action? laugh Huum, wonder if this will work trolling for eye's this spring? Huum!

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing and keep the ideas flowing...seriously! Let us know if you do anymore field testing.

So, does hickory smoked work better than maple and brown sugar? grin

wow never thought of that. of course, i'd eat most of it before i even got to the lake wink

So I used some neon food coloring ( Mc Cormicks ) and got a pretty good chartruesse...It definatly takes on food coloring well...Will be wiggling some in front of some sunnies soon....

You'd eat it raw???

Thats yuckky laugh

haha

JK goblueM

cooked meat is overrated. I always get mine bloody.