Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Morneau132

Boat Carpet or Linoleum?

17 posts in this topic

I'm putting a new floor in my boat this evening and need your help! I can't find marine carpet or marine linoleum..... I looked at Cabela's yesterday and they said I need to special order it through their catelogue. Does anyone know where I can find some TODAY!?!?

P.S. The color doesn't matter to me and I don't need a large quantity.... Just for half of a 14' Fishing boat

My buddy had the same problem, he had to order threw gander mountain.

Try other marine shops like Crystal Marine or something like that. Just a thought - good luck.

I have to believe Ratzlaff Marine or Mapleton Marine would be able to help you out.

Similar problem at gander last week, I have put the project on hold for a few weeks.

Good Luck. Let us know where you find some when you do.

Fleet farm in Owatonna has it on sale blue or grey in color. $4.95 / linear foot 6' wide.... Thanks guys I'm gonna go with that unless I can find the linoleum by 5:00 P.M.

Years ago I purchased some from Alumacraft in Saint Peter and as I recall it was resonable.

Not sure if they still do that kind of thing ? Let me know what you find out.

Fleet Farm had it!!!! It looks like pretty nice stuff. It is a heavier grade marine carpet (I believe 21 oz.) and it looks great! Bonus their treated plywood was on sale also!!!!!!

Not sure about this one, but I've heard there is a big difference between regular treated plywood and marine plywood. I could be wrong here, so someone in the know let us know. Later, Paul

Plywood panels rated as EXTERIOR but not Marine, such as A-B, A-A or C-C EXTERIOR, may contain any other permissible species and contain C-grade veneer. Unless specially improved, C-grade veneer is permitted to contain knots and knotholes up to approximately 1-1/2 inches across, and the inner plies may have core gaps up to 1-inch wide.

Taken from a plywood mfg site.

On the other hand the cheaper wood having more knots and core gaps is supposed to take on the poisonous waterproofing chemicals better.

Sound like a choice between strength and water resistance is the tradeoff ?

I have heard that green treated wood will react with aluminum and cause corrosion. I think Marine grade is the only way to go, or standard with an epoxy coat on it may work well too.

With respect to plywood; do a search in this forum. There is a wealth of information on what plywood to use and where to get it from.

marine_man

I'll be putting a new floor in my boat in a week or two. Thank you for the help.

not sure bout this and the only reason i bring it up is cuz i thinks its great in my boat if you going to be puttin in a new floor rather than carpet or linilom what would it cost to spray the plywood woth a 1/4 in or so of fiberglass

my boat has snap in carpet in it and i took it out went with out for awhile

i'll never put it back in its the cats meow if you ask me

mine will last forever of coarse and its so easy to clean and everything looks like new crawler dirt and bedding etc etc washes right out

you know you hafta let your floor get some good sun when its carpeted and i'm not sure bout liniulim (let alone how to spell it lol) i guess i ve never saw a boat with that it or ever heard of that before

there is a guy on 371 between brainerd and little falls that repairs fiberglass actually i think he does most of skeeters warrenty work

just idea it might cost a fortune i dunno