• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Carpet or Linoleum?

Morneau132

I'm putting a new floor in my boat this evening and need your help! I can't find marine carpet or marine linoleum..... I looked at Cabela's yesterday and they said I need to special order it through their catelogue. Does anyone know where I can find some TODAY!?!?

P.S. The color doesn't matter to me and I don't need a large quantity.... Just for half of a 14' Fishing boat

Plywood panels rated as EXTERIOR but not Marine, such as A-B, A-A or C-C EXTERIOR, may contain any other permissible species and contain C-grade veneer. Unless specially improved, C-grade veneer is permitted to contain knots and knotholes up to approximately 1-1/2 inches across, and the inner plies may have core gaps up to 1-inch wide.

Taken from a plywood mfg site.

On the other hand the cheaper wood having more knots and core gaps is supposed to take on the poisonous waterproofing chemicals better.

Sound like a choice between strength and water resistance is the tradeoff ?

not sure bout this and the only reason i bring it up is cuz i thinks its great in my boat if you going to be puttin in a new floor rather than carpet or linilom what would it cost to spray the plywood woth a 1/4 in or so of fiberglass

my boat has snap in carpet in it and i took it out went with out for awhile

i'll never put it back in its the cats meow if you ask me

mine will last forever of coarse and its so easy to clean and everything looks like new crawler dirt and bedding etc etc washes right out

you know you hafta let your floor get some good sun when its carpeted and i'm not sure bout liniulim (let alone how to spell it lol) i guess i ve never saw a boat with that it or ever heard of that before

there is a guy on 371 between brainerd and little falls that repairs fiberglass actually i think he does most of skeeters warrenty work

just idea it might cost a fortune i dunno