Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
broken line

GPS / Chip Question

11 posts in this topic

I took my Lakemaster chip out of my H2Oc and put it into a new sonar/gps unit I got for the boat. The lake contours work fine, but there are no saved waypoints like there were on the handheld.

Is there a way to transfer already saved waypoints from one unit to another.

your waypoints are not stored on your chip they are stored in your unit you have to get a empty chip and transfer them on your other unit I have never done it but i dont think that it would be hard.

You can store the waypoints on the map chip. Mine are stored on the map chip, and when I add new ones I also back them up on my pc. If you store them on the map chip then they'll be available when you put the chip in the other gps for your boat.

While there often is some empty space on a map chip it is just not a good idea to save onto that chip. Blank chips are very inexpensive. Using your map chip puts you at some risk to reformatting or doing something else that could ruin your chip.

Thanks for all the replies - so, if I simply put a blank chip into the handheld, power it up and then put that chip into the boat unit will it store the waypoints? If its not obvious, I'm what one would call technologically disadvantaged.

There is a menu option that will let you save the waypoints (ie. transfer data) from your h20c to the blank card, and then from the blank card to the unit in your boat.

Perch - I did just what you said and it worked like a charm - thanks for all the replies.

Ok guys, I also transfered my data to a card... but how or what program do you open the file with on your pc so it is readable... I just get a bunch of jiberish with all the files I tried using...

You need to have a program on your computer that will make sense of the files. Lowrance programs like mapcreate or gdm will, there's other utilities like easy gps that will also.