Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
finnbay

The Calm Before the Storm

12 posts in this topic

The weather service tells us we could get another 6-12 inches of snow starting tomorrow. With that in my back pocket I figured I'd better take a walk today and see what I could find. A while back jonny redhorse had an excellent series called "The Little Things", and that's kind of what I focused on today:

LT-1.jpg

LT-2.jpg

LT-3.jpg

LT-4.jpg

LT-5.jpg

LT-6.jpg

LT-7.jpg

LT-8.jpg

All taken with a Canon 50D and 100-400mm. 200 ISO, most shot Av at 7.1 or 8. Various shutter speeds. Some ec compensation on a few shots.

I like the "little things." Very serenic. Beautiful work, too. Maybe I just need to take a "little thing" walk, since I am completely baffled by waterfowl.

Good little things, Ken. I got out today too, up the Fernberg and up the Echo. With winter locking down for one last blow and the first half of April supposed to be colder than average, I took one look at the sun this morning and just had to get out of the house.

Nice work! smilesmile

Excellent eye, there is great flexibility in the lens you used and your images fully demonstrate it! Love that feather on the snow, fantastic simplicity with great use of shallow dof.

Nice work Ken, I really enjoyed that feather shot and the second to the last bark shot. Very interesting patterns.

They are all great shots but the feather shot is the one I like the most.

I like the bark pic, the second to last. nice abstract art shot.

Very nice Ken!.....Shows the beauty of our north country at another level...one that most never think about or give a second thought......again,very nice!