• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any bear sign ?

I was out last monday and we found 2 big piles on the edge of a un picked corn field that were not to old. It must have been raiding bird feeders before it found the corn field 1st pile was all sunflower seeds, and the 2nd was much larger and fresher and all corn. It was just west of forest lake on a WMA foodplot.

Found one in a clear cut last year. Saw it was a den that looked like it had cob webs over the entrance. Walked over for a closer look, and when I bent down to check it out, what looked like webs was actually the bears fur moving in the breeze. I can't imagine the look on my face when that bear turned and looked me right in the eye from about 12 inches. I backpedeled pretty quick. This was the second occupied den we have found in 30 plus years of deer hunting. Both of them were in the hole left from the roots of an old blown down tree.