Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scoot

Thank you thank you thank you

2 posts in this topic

To all those who worked, helped, and prayed for Fargo and the communities to the North and South of us, thank you so much. I can't put to words the amount of appreciation that is coming your way.

The emotional roller coster we've been on is unbelievable. The effort has been enormous and although we've had some significant and terrible losses (e.g., Oak Grove), we've done really well to hold our own so far. We're far from done, but things are finally turning the right direction.

I've learned a lot about people through this whole thing. The effort that perfect strangers have put in has been incredible. The Hesco (modular dike material) behind my brother's house was failing on Thurs and we had to build a secondary dike- the plan was for a 15' wide, six feet high, and 80 yards long sandbag dike behind the primary Hesco dike. Before we knew it, there were 250 people (some from all over MN, ND, and he Midwest) in his yard filling spots in eight lines throwing bag after bag. In three hours the whole crew put that sucker together- it was absolutely a monumental task that amazed me. It was one of dozens and dozens of examples I've seen through this mess that has positively restored my faith in people and humanity.

Thank you to all of the National Guard, police, fire fighteers, Coast Guard, and volunteers for this incredible and awe-inspiring effort.

Thats great to hear of the effort from all the volunteers. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.