• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crappie jig that comes in a plastic tube

Go2fish

I've seen them called paddle tails. I just saw some at FF yesterday, 5 to a bag in individual tubes, but the ones I saw yesterday weren't called paddle tails. They came in a blue package that said they were great for crappie, sunfish, and trout.

If you ask for PreRigged Paddle Tails, most fishing stores will know what you are talking about. Otherwise call FF in Burnsville. They had them in the clearance isle.

Another great jig similar to the cubby is the Tiny worms. You get three prerigged and three extra bodies for under 2 dollars. The jig heads are not the best but I like the bodies better.

The cubbys get a little to expensive for the bodies to just get ripped up right away for me.

Those Tiny worms are from Southern Pro. I use the Southern Pro Lit"l Hustlers, Pro Crappie Tube, Crappie Stingers, and the Hot Grubs. They have a soft plastic line up that is tough to beat(at least for panfish) and like posted above the price is right.

I haven't tried the Tiny worm myself, but I have had great luck with the mini mites. I've only got a couple of those mini mites left. I may have to put in an order for those Tiny Worms.

Originally Posted By: carpmanjake
Originally Posted By: Andrew Groskreutz
Cubby Mini-Mites.

my favorite plastic bait EVER! orange head/ chartruse body, and pink head/ white body, are my abolute favorite!

someone is lacking culprit crappie products in their tacklebox...

Not me. One of my favorite presentations is a Culprit paddletail paired with a Scenic tackle collerless jig. With the right jigging technique this combo is deadly.

Cal ! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! grin

Those are my go to lures for crappies.( waiting for the shop to get in more of the junebug and char.) Don't overlook using these on a 1/16oz. jig with a collar( I trim the collar down some so it doesn't tear the plastics) for walleyes too!

Originally Posted By: carpmanjake
Originally Posted By: Andrew Groskreutz
Cubby Mini-Mites.

my favorite plastic bait EVER! orange head/ chartruse body, and pink head/ white body, are my abolute favorite!

someone is lacking culprit crappie products in their tacklebox...

not at all. culprits are my second favorite plastics. but mini-mites ALWAYS produce crappies when others dont.

I think you can buy those at fleet farm too.. or something like that.. I don't know if those are the same things your talking about???

mini mites can be found at fleet farm. i would personally recommend them for any fisherman looking for a simple, very productive jig, that can be used with almost any tecnique

the sheer number of different color combinations make the jig even better

I tried the Berkly Atomic Power Tubes last year and had better luck with those than any other plastic. I've fished with the mini mites before and the fish always bit on them but they never seemed to get the hook in the mouth. Instead they'd just bite onto that long skinny tail. It drove me nuts loosing all those fish!

mnsnow- when i fished mini mites the fish would just engulf it! it all depends on the mood of the crappies and how you fish them, during fronts and in the spring and fall, i fish them REAL slow under a float, popping it in an inch at a time. i never let it sit. works every time.

in the summer i cast it out toward deeper water along weedlines, and hold the rod tip high. that causes the lure to drop in an arc and the tail just goes crazy! the crappies just love it