Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dustin85

06 Sportsman Belt ?

5 posts in this topic

I have an 06 Sportsman 500. I have about 700 miles on it. How soon should I look forwad to replacing the belt on this thing? I know there are may variables that would factor into the belt condition, etc. Is this another item that I shoud add to the list of things to pack into my cargo box for trips? Does anyone have troubles with them going to #$!! on them while they are riding? Is there a certain age/mileage to look out for? Thanks!

i just replace them when they break. my sportsman has over 6,000 miles and ive only had to put 2 new belts on it(and i ride pretty hard). i would def have one along on trips. how you ride all depends on how long the belt will last. ive never had a belt just expold like on my snowmobile. it always just broke the top layer and made a slapping noise as it hit the cover so ive always been able to get it back home to change it.

They can last a long time. Important to use low range when going slow on technical trails, plowing etc. I have about 2,000 miles on mine. It is just fine. If you do want to carry a replacement be sure to use only the Polaris brand part. It's the only one that fits properly.

People have been getting 5000 miles out of their belts. I agree with Tyler and Hafnutz on carrying an extra.

I am usually careful about using low when I should, etc. I am glad to see that it should be a few thousand miles before I have to worry about it! I will buy a spare, anyway....cheap insurance! Thanks for the info!

Dustin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Hotspot outdoors of course!
    • Money to be made, and the cold war (you remember the cold war, right?) was the reason we did various things.    Go read about Stalin and his successors to see why we were worried about the Soviet Union.   What we did might or might not have turned out like we hoped but that doesn't change what the situation was.   
    • Dave, your economist wants immigrants to meet requirements like posting a bond or having assets.  Why should they do that when they can just come in with nothing through the porous borders?   Isn't the argument about open borders vrs controlled immigration?   Would the 11 million undocumented have to go back home and post a bond?     If the US through its political process decides to allow immigrants, that's cool.    But that is not what we have now.   Better pick that mike back up.  
    • I'm still trying to figure out why we pushed the coup in Ukraine, other than to cause trouble of course.
    •   Ditto, almost exactly the same. I wouldn't spend a ton of money on decoys if your just starting.
    •   To tell you the truth. I have never cleaned a cottontail ever that didn't have flees all over them in the winter. So I just stop hunting them and went for Snowshoes which are bigger and never found flees on them, oddly?
    •   Seems the hares are down from when I was younger but the cottontails seem plentiful enough. I popped these with a 20 gauge shotgun while grousing
    • I use to go for Snowshoes a lot in the winter with a scoped 22. It was fun sneaking through the pines looking for them. See the little black eye and "bing".  Seems like they just fell off the face of the earth for many years so I just gave up trying for them. I'm sure with the big "Down with Fur" thing and not many taking out as many Fox and Yotes by trapping it really took a hit on the bunnies!  I wrote the DNR back a few years ago and asked them about it and he said: we really don't manage the Rabbits at all. And he gave me the old "Grouse BS". Their just at the bottom of their 10 year cycle!   Seems to always be their answer!
    • 2 baldies were getting it on last thursday about 100 yards from where we were fishing. pretty cool. spring is in the air... LOL
    •   Too late. It's now undergoing the digestive process as I type   This is first rabbit dinner I've had since my early 20's and I'm going to be 57 this year. I shot them while grouse hunting this fall and winter but haven't specifically targeted them since I was much younger. I've never heard of anyone really going after them anymore    
  • Our Sponsors