• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scouting Trip

Borch

123-

Nebraska was good. Drove through snow and lots of wind on the way down but had a pretty decent day to hunt other than it being in the 20's. Didn't see as many birds as in the past - still flocked up pretty good. Not wintering groups, but 25-40 birds per bunch. At 12:30, Kathleen killed a Jake. At 6:30 I put an arrow through a nice Tom but never found him. Replayed the video but the blind rod was blocking the impact. 2 years in a row now. Drove down to Randolph the next morning to pick up Kathleen's mount from last year and drove home. Quick trip. Hopefully I can redeem myself... I've got a curse that needs to be cured in MN as well. Best of luck on your hunt. They should be broken up a bit better for ya anyhow. I'll be looking for a report.

stick

Well went out to check over a property I hunt that didn't have a turkey on it the past two weeks. Well the birds are breaking up and this property has plenty of birds on it now. Here are a few pictures of some fresh turkey sign.

In a roost area you'll find large feathers that come loose as turkeys fly up or down from their roost tree.

0413090837.jpg

When turkeys are feeding in the woods they'll scratch at leaves looking for bugs, worms, seeds or acorns. Here's an areas that is all scrathed up by several turkeys.

0413090817.jpg

Also saw a lone strutting lonbeard. Gotta love that! laugh

Was out driveing around checking on a few spots this morning. I saw about 7 different Toms out looking for some ladies. None of them were with hens, probably would of been some easy ones to harvest.