Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
River-Runner

Fishing Line

5 posts in this topic

What pound and brand of line do you guys use for your jigging/rigging rods? Thanks!

Some will hate me for this, but I've had great luck with Berkley Vanish Transitions. Get the gold. Its been great.

I also spent last season using Berkley's 100% fluorocarbon. I've got it on the 2 rods I use for fishing eye's and crappies as well as fishing stream trout lakes near Grand Marais. My issue is it seems to tangle and get difficult in cold weather. I've been using it all winter on Pool 4 with issues.

I have tried most lines. I keep going back to 6 or 8 pound Berkley Sensation. I seem to be in the minority because I don't like braid line for jigging.

I like Gamma and triple fish in 6lb. I only use braid on my casting rods and for that you can not beat power pro or tuff line. in like the 15 lb rest.

Gamma copoly in 8 lb for most of my jigging and shallow rigging. A superline like power pro or stren superbraid for deep jigging, rivers and deep rigging - usually something like 10 or 20 lb test which is in the 2-6 lb diameter range.

I only use the superlines for rigging and jigging if I have to for sensitivity, I'd rather use the Gamma. I like the feel better with the Gamma and hook more fish that way.