• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Has anyone ever paint their garage doors to match the trim?

ottertailguy

We had a hail storm last year and everything is replaced but the garage doors. The doors that came with the house were sprayed to match the trim. The problem is that I'll have to paint them and are looking for suggestions. Can I do this with a roller or should I have a painter spray them? Also what kind of paint? Thanks for any tips?

We had our trim and doors painted a year or two ago and it turned out nice. I think the guy just used a roller for the garage door and brushed the trim. It looks really good and haven't had any problems with paint pealing or anything.

I believe he used Sherwyn Williams paint.

Good Luck!

They can be repainted,what I would do is give them a light sand,clean them with soilex or dirtex with a sponge use a brush to cut in around the panels and roll the face and the rails also roll into what was cut in to keep the same texture, when that is done raise the door to get the side rails that were behind the weather strip.I would also recomend using a 1/2 nap roller and A quality satin paint.

My house had a badly spray painted purple garage door on it. We painted it white to match the trim.

It was quite easy and never had problems with it rubbing off or peeling.

It actually fell off the tracks resulting in a new door, but thats a whole nother issue smile

Ottertailguy,

The ins. company should replace these to be the same color

as the old ones.

The process used by the garage door manufacture is sprayed on

electronicly, wich should give you many years of use with no

problems, painting them is NOT a good idea. my email is in

my profile, email me if you have any questions

The ins. company is required to replace these as a like, kind and quality product

[email protected]

(I'm not going to try and sell you anything)