• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wii Game Alert

Hey Gang,

Just got Party Games 2 which includes beanbags, darts, lawn darts, shuffleboard bowling etc and it is a clunker. There are not any of the 11 games included that are worth a dang playing. I wasted $30 bucks on this dud and I am going to try to take it back to Super Wal Mart, not sure what their policy is on returning games but this one is a dud. DO NOT WASTE YOUR DOLLARS!

My wife and I bought this game awhile back and we enjoy it when playing with friends. My daughter likes the puck bowling and playing the horseshoes.

I have wasted $30 on other stuff far worse than this game.

Hate to say it, but I doubt they will take it back. I believe for games/music/software, you can only exchange it for the same thing if it is defective. This is due to copyright law and is the same everywhere. So unless you get lucky with a customer service rep who doesn't know what they are doing, I think you are out of luck.

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, just giving a heads up.

Keep your receipt, exchange it for a wrapped one, then try to return that one. At the least, you should be able to get store credit for the wrapped one.

Thought about that once and they said they have to open the package so you can't do that.

"Wii game alert" I got an alert for you...the whole Wii system blows. Had I known when I purchased the system that they would only make hannah montana type games I would have never wasted my money on one. Needless to say Nintendo will never get me to buy another one of their systems.

We get some cheap laughs out of it. I don't think its as bad a game as you think, but the games themselves are pretty weak and you wanted to play those games if you bought it.

As far as the system in general goes, it is a soft and cuddly game system that pleases pretty much everyone under 13 and over 35. If you are between those ages, an XBOX or PS3 is probably more your style, if not a PC. Of course, there are going to be exceptions, but I introduced it to my parents, and they got a real kick out of it. My wife's parents are probably going to get one, and I hear of more and more 50s+ household getting them for themselves. I don't see XBOX and PS3 getting into those deep pockets.

I think I got lucky and found a clerk who is going to let me swap for another game! Looking to get Mario Cart, any reviews on that one gang? I kind of like the Wii system because it is simple, I am a dinosaur and can't handle 27 buttons joysticks and levers going at once! LOL And I disagree on the wii sports bowling, I think it is very realistic, other games are a bit simple but that Party Games was just too simple, could not control the direction of things much and it was just not much fun. I am 50 years old so the wii system is perfect for playing games with the grand kids and our children who are in their late 20's. We do also have Playstation 2 but I can only handle simple games on that system! LOL Thanks for all the input.

Mario Cart is the bomb, love that game. I think the wii is more suited for a family game. If you buy it as a serious gamer, you aren't going to like it. But as a bonding tool with the family or just to have a great time with the kids, it's awesome.

mario cart is good. try playing it online with the japanese guys, man can they drive ! haha.

There is a "playground" game that has a bunch of different games on it kind of sounds like what you described, this one has DODGEBALL on it, and that game is alot of fun with 4 players. like fish with teeth said, have a few beers, or my personal favorite "capn" and its a hoot!

Good News Bad News Report

I did get Wal Mart to issue me a store credit on the Party Games 2, bad news was that they are out of Mario Kart right now so I have to wait. It did take some pressure but pressure is my middle name, I have been a top caliber salesman for about 30 years and know my way around the hard rules vs the rules, they caved in, took a little name dropping (friends of the mayor of our town) and the fact that the store just opened I think they did not want the bad pub. I mean, we are only talking 30 bucks here! LOL

We like our Wii alot, myself(42) wife(37), daughters all 4 20-9 years of age all play anything from Archery to Bowling to Cabelas Big Game Hunting, and Boxing (which is 1 heck of a work out) to my favorite, Guitar Hero, (we have 4 different dics of that version). I had the others, depends what you are looking for, this one suits me and our family perfect.

Mark