Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dockothebay

Southern Adventure

3 posts in this topic

This winter we were fortunate to be able to travel through several southern states to visit friends and relatives. On the trip we saw lots of wildlife and an amazing variety of birds that are not typical sitings for this MN girl. Rather than posting all the images here, I decided to give you a link to a Travel Sitings Slideshow. (That way you can decide if you want to spend the time!)

The photography isn't particularly good - most were grab shots as we were doing something else - walking the beach, hiking in the desert, etc. A few are from the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum. When I started to put this together I was surprised how many different birds we saw.

Definitely worth the time. My faves are both the female and male cardinals. I love birds in their natural settings.

I like traveling vicariously. The photos were fun to look through. I love brown pelicans. The green jays are really spectacular looking. Like the Gambel's quail with cactus. But alligator's and mountain goats seem to be about the extreme end of the environmental spectrum. Cool trip!