Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mooneyes

ABU

4 posts in this topic

I have a 6600 c4 and when I am whippin muskie lures all day sometimes I think the handle clicks forwards causing my line to snap and I have lost a couple lures due to this. am I doing something wrong? or should I throw this thing away before I lose more?

What type of line are you using? I have had that happen with super braids that dig in to themselves. I have owned around 30 abu's and have never had the handle issue you are talking about.

have a buddy with the same reel i think, and he was having this happen to him. he just stopped trying to throw it a mile and hasnt had anymore problems.

I agree 100% with both replies from 30 06 and Fish with teeth. Also I to have used many Abu reels and others and have had the same problem Yes the braids do dig into themselfs and bind up. If I remember right the Abu 6600 series is a straight wrap reel not a cross wrap. What i did to stop it was like said above, try not to throw a mile and changed to a cross wrap reel for braids. Hope that helps and good luck.