• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

very cold day! but great fishng

i went back out again today. right when i got down there i seen a good 8lb fish feeding 25 feet away. i rigged up and was about to cast to the fish when i noticed a big tail break he surface down the shoreline from the fish. i snuck a little closer and casted to the fish that was feeding in some mucky leaves and branches about 15 feet from shore. this fish was much bigger than what i have been fishing. i pitched to the fish. and almost immediatly i hooked up to the fish.

i fought her for about 15 minutes before landing her!

101_0041.jpg

it was a while before the fish started coming back in. but eventually i hooked up with another good fish!

101_0045.jpg

about 50 feet away (exactly where the bigger one came from) some fish were still feeding. so i released her and stalked toward the other fish. i pitched to the biggest of the bunch. and she turned away. i recasted, she came toward it slowly then turned away again. i re pitched it again. she came up and stopped right by the bait before hesitantly sucking it up. FISH ON!

101_0042.jpg

then fishing slowed again. the wind picked up a bit, and it got colder and my camera started dying. but i kept fishing. eventually landing 2 more fish before packing up to go home

101_0043.jpg

101_0040.jpg

Great job carpmanjake!! Nice fish. Im sure that it was quite a rush when you had fish on...

Just wondering carpmanjake... Do you smoke your catch or something like that or release them... Just wondering. I am thinking that I would like to try bow fishing some carp sometime.

Great job carpmanjake!! Nice fish. Im sure that it was quite a rush when you had fish on...

Just wondering carpmanjake... Do you smoke your catch or something like that or release them... Just wondering. I am thinking that I would like to try bow fishing some carp sometime.

anything below 10lbs are good smoked. any bigger they get weird tasting

so are you just using a waxie on a jig thats sitting on the bottom? i hope to go out and carp fish for the first time this year tomorrow

im sight fishing for them. if you arent sightfishing use a running rig or a split shot rig. and fill the hook with waxies

thanks a lot, you seem to be the king of this forum right now lol

what grade are ya in, im a junior at anoka...we should get together sometime

im a junior in alexandria. that sounds good. im always willing to take people out fishing