• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat ladder/boarding platform trophy180

weld1

Hello, has anyone ever installed a boat ladder/boarding platform on there alum/outboard boat? i have found some that have a 2 step telescoping step that folds under it, it looks good in the pics but was wondering if anyone has installed/used one? the boat is a alumacraft trophy 180, thanks for any help.

With a Trophy 180, you have some pretty decent space to add.

I just added a 2 step Garelick ladder to my 16' Lund. This unit does not have a platform. Only downside I can see to mine is that you will have to reach up some to get to the bottom step, but will be much easier than the over the side type of ladders I've used in the past.

No telescoping on this one, it just folds up and out of the way. The construction was all stainless steel and seems very solid, so I would recommend the brand. It looks like they had many different models depending on the type you're looking for.

I installed one on my 2000 trophy 175 except it has the platform with the flip up telescoping 2 step ladder. Works great and makes it easy to get in the boat. The hardest part was getting it positioned right with the limited space i have, but the 180 should have a bigger transome for mounting. Looks like this one.

garelick.com/images/products/19536