Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BpAki987

Which chip for the Lowrance.

8 posts in this topic

My dad picked up a Lowrance LMS-520c this spring at the Sportsman Show and his birthday is coming up so i figured I would by him a chip for it. Is the Navionics Platinum 09 chip worth the money????or should i go with 09 premium.I have a H20 and have the navionics 07 premium in it and am fairly happy with it.Lack of coverage area isnt a worry with the platinum because as stated i have the premium and if he goes up north he can use that.

i have a 520c i put the lakemasters chip in it

its the best thing since the first green box flasher as far as

i;m concerned i will not go the water with out one

theres a bunch of lakes cant remember how many but it has all the lakes i fish the LOW is a separte one

i dont know nuttin bout the naviobics one

I'm with gregg, I put the Lakemaster in my 522c and it works great.

I check each one and the list of lakes they offer and compare to the lakes you like to fish. I have both and a lot of the smaller lakes I fish here in Wisconsin are on the Navionics but not the Lake Master.

I use both depending on which area I'm fishing and what lakes are high def.

Both chips have their place.

I use both depending on which area I'm fishing and what lakes are high def.

Both chips have their place.

see that was what i was kinda thinkin. we are going to fish alot of the lakes around the metro are so i figured the region 3(southern minnesota) would be the best bet for him. plus like i said when he goes north i have the 07 premium which he could use for that.

Anybody have the platinum???? what are your thoughts on it????

The platinum is not the best option IMO. The 3d is great for seeing the big picture, but you have basically the same product when zoomed in fishing contours. The premium has more lakes on the chip (ie. platinum doesn't have HD Mississippi pool 2-3, premium does.) If you have the money to blow, they are pretty cool though.