• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Today's Outing

Driftless

bad2a-1.jpg

Fished with Bruce Ristow for 2.5 hours today. We got a late start. On water about 9:45AM

the sun was up and the skies were robbins egg blue. It got down to 21 degrees here last night.

Bruce had be talking about a stream in Southwestern Vernon county that had some privately made lunker bunker structures. They were 25 years old.

Bruce had been raving about this water for a while so we hit it today. I generally don't like lunker structures. They feel too artificial and there is no real reading of water involved.

The trout were hard to come by. Bruce had 2 to hand. About a 14er and 16er. I landed three. About a 17er/14er/10er.

In the middle of our journey there was a massive beaver dam. This appeared to stop any type of up/down stream movement on the water.

The photo above is where there was no lunker structure.

My experience today with lunker structure just solidifies my dislike for it.

Beautiful picture, it looks like there will be some difficult casting in there during summer wink Did you fish above the beaver [PoorWordUsage]? I thought recall reading something of yours about large fish near beaver dams.

Anyone else think that it's a little crazy that the word for a beaver's home, even when spelled correctly, is censored? Apparantly a blockage of water is poor word usage. wink

Some guys can't even type their first name Also the the name of a popular outdoors store (Richard's) Sporting Goods

Man that's a nice picture. Now I'm starting to get pumped for opener in a few weeks.

there are two spellings of the word, one is slang, and the other is home to beavers wink. so the slang spelling should be censored, but the other should not be.

nice photo, now I want to go trout fishing.