• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

T/C Encore 50 Cal.

Question

Does anyone know how much difference there is in accuracy between 2 pydrox pellets and 3 pellets. I've been shooting 2 pellets, but I feel I need a little more punch. What's going to happen to my bullet drop?
Thanks

4 answers to this question

What the heck are you trying to knock down?

I ve got a T/C Renegade and I shoot round balls with 90 grs. of powder for white tail. 100 grs. should be plenty. Besides the thing will kick like a stink'en mule with 150 grs. of powder.

[This message has been edited by metrojoe (edited 11-15-2002).]

It will probably not improve your accuracy. The third pellet will increase the pressure and could start to blow by the sabot, that will distroy all hopes of accuracy. And due to the burn rate of the pellets the third one will probably not have completely burnt before it exits the barrel.
Stick with the two pellets they will provide more than enough power for whitetails.

Rob

I have a TC Firehawk. I have never shot pellets in it, but accuracy is more than adequate with a 100 grain charge and a maxiball. But when it comes to power, I got a real indoctirnation some years ago shooting a Ruger 44 mag carbine. It wouldn't handle hot handloads. So a friend gave me some much lighter loads that worked well in his. Hardly kicked at all but they went where I aimed. I tried it. I was amazed that the 240 gr. slow moving bullets still passed completely through a large doe. Dropped it in it's track. A finishing shot passed completely through the spine. That load surely would be less than or equal to any sabot loads you may be firing. Accuracy, in my opinion, far outweighs muzzle velocity when shooting deer.